The 6 Nations 2024

Yes

@Ceist who are favourites for the women’s six nations?

I’m afraid you’ve reached this week’s quota for bot interactions

That was my first question this week.

1 Like

@Ceist who are favourites for the women’s six nations?

It’s difficult to say who the favorites are for the Women’s Six Nations 2023 at this point, as it’s still some time away and teams will go through changes and developments. However, traditionally, England, France, and Ireland have been strong contenders in women’s rugby.

No wonder you did your brains in gambling Ceist. Dutching selections all over the place.

Allain Rowland scored Leinsters first ever try in Europe against (believe it or not) AC Milan (I think).

Edit: just Milan their name was.

2 Likes

Coming from a sports mad house I remember I wasn’t let go in to this and skip school in the process. The older brother was allowed. I was raging. Himself and Dad came in home saturated but delighted to have seen the great David Campese in the flesh in Galway.

It was during my mid-term break. The beauty of secondary school.

Correct. The side in 2015 was awful.

Ah that would explain why the older brother was let. I think I was in school earlier that day. Definitely wasn’t a weekend as Dad came home from work at lunch. Which would have been unusual at the time.

Those armature era tours were brilliant back then. Unlikely to see an international side rock up to the Sportsground on a pissing wet Tuesday in autumn now.

Completely agree. 2011 is still the worst loss of the many QF’s in my book. Came in to it on a high after a very good win against the Aussies. Playing a seemingly inferior Welsh side. Wales had a plan to deal with O’Brien and Ferris and their defence was excellent all day. They totally deserved to win and were robbed in the semi final.

2 Likes

The trips to Paris for Irish teams in 89s and miodt of 90s were horrific

Paris in the springtime…crackly commentaries…French pack eating the Irish alive…

Have you read Lawrence Dallaglios book? It’s a brilliant book which covers a very interesting period in rugby. I think it basically went professional because rugby league was going pro and they’d lose so many players.

Rugby league was always pro afaik.

1 Like

Ya possibly but it was definitely to stop the brain drain.

Watched this match the other night after reading about here. Never watched it before. We were playing a Gaelic football match somewhere in west Dublin that day (possibly Westmanstown against the Gardai) and came back into the Mullingar House in Chapelizod to catch the last 10 minutes of it.

There were 26 (twenty six) scrums in the match. Not one of them was reset or collapsed. There was no lifting in the line out and the line out was a pure lottery. Campese had a big yellow streak on him under the high ball. He’d never get a game in pro rugby now.

1 Like