The A league thread

Miller was a tosser, but he did very well with a nothing squad and you could see him building something there. It’s bizarre they sacked him.
Delightful at the same time as I utterly detest the scum. And now they’ve gone and appointed Mark Jones as their manager. I know this tosser through the CCM Academy where he was youth league manager and first grade coach and he really is a complete tosser, an utter fuckwit and a complete arsehole. Perfect for the Jets so.

I didn’t even know he had come back. He was a terrific player before he left and I really thought he’d be a star, but you’re right, injuries did for him and he never really gained momentum. Glad to see him back in the a league, he’s a class act.

@Fitzy you got the derby on?

Having romantic night with wife in Sydney hotel so, no, any good?

And you’re on TFK :smile: :smile:

Very romantic mate

Christ, it’s a massacre, 4-0

Not great. Severe lack of quality

Some second half from your boys last night. Conor Paine was very good, still a shambles at the back though. Done a double last night overs in Sydney derby and Glory -2. 3 nil up at half time and decided to cash out as they offered me 5/1 instead of the 6/1. Usually don’t cash out but decided I would.

Well done, grea you had such confidence in the Mariners thrilling comeback. Mental second half from us, great to see Cork legend Roy O’Donovan doing the business. Actually, the first half was mental as well. Okon will stamp over this team and tighten us up, anything better than wooden spoon is progress for us.
62000 at the Sydney derby. Eh, eh? The Hyundai™A League is box office.
@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy Roar should have beaten Victory about 6-0 on Friday night, but couldn’t finish for fuck. Victory were awful. Matt McKay sent off.
Look are you and @Chucks_Nwoko going to any games? Should I look out for you in the Cove? Received my season ticket last week and will be picking up members goodies like a sticker, a hat and a lanyard (the excitement) at the first game. In the same seats in the G&T stand for the fourth year running at Gosford Stadium, the field of dreams.

Might make it to one or two alright but won’t make the CCM one this weekend. I have a one year olds birthday party… Will you be down for it?
Not a bad weekend on the aleague punt. Backed Wayne Brown anytime at $11 with bet365. Ridiculous price. Looks like a decent player.

Nah, busy weekend up here, cricket Saturday and then CCM Academy U14’s trials for next season start on Sunday.
Haven’t seen this Newcastle / English prick Brown, I take it he can play?

@Loko_Cove you at / watching this. I don’t think we could have made it easier for Sydney. I don’t blame Paul Okon for this and feel quite sorry for the guy. Nice goal difference fir Sydney after two games.
Looking forward to the Melbourne derby and our Timmy’s A League debut after this.

Some bloke called Tim Cahill just scored his first league goal as a professional footballer in Australia at the age of 36.
Now 2-0, Citeh absolutely walking through Victory.
Victory are really missing the subtlety and skill of Vinkler and Barbarouses

1 Like

Citeh absolutely smashed Victory tonight ( despite a wonderful Marco Rojas goal) 4-1, should have been more. Citeh look like real contenders, they play great football with a huge array of attacking options, not just the obvious ones, Kamau and Brattan were excellent tonight.
It’ll be interesting to see how Sydney go against decent opposition (we definitely weren’t that tonight).
Goals. The A Leagues full of them at the moment.

Missed the Sydney game. City were pretty impressive. What a goal from Timmy.

Do the Aussies pronounce the great man’s name correctly unlike the Brits ??

How does he pronounce it?

It doesn’t fucking matter, right. What matters is how I think it should be pronounced .

Nobody cares what you and the rest of the sky sport generation think

I don’t have a sky subscription bucko. It seems a tactic you use when you have no retort to call them a" part of the sky sports generation " . Pal I paid in to all sorts of sport contests before sky .