The advanced gardening thread

I’m sure @Tassotti could recommend one for @Julio_Geordio.

Signing in anyway, though sadly I will be limited to pots.

You can grow loads of things in pots pal.

I know Fagan. I’m looking forward to getting started.

I’ve some lovely Japanese Knotweed growing out the back here mate I can send you up a few slips if you’d like

3 Likes

That would involve you getting up off your arse and cutting a slip and organising for it to be sent up. I won’t hold my breath.

I’m going to be doing some serious gardening over the next 18 months.
Super garden wouldn’t get a look in.

Giving up the football so?

He gave it up years ago

Will you invest in a Dutch hoe

1 Like

You could do serious damage with a Dutch hoe and a Limerick rake

6 Likes

Not a chance.
I’ll be dropping a roundup bomb on it.

It’s illegal to grow that.

What are you planning on doing?

Spraying a shitload of Roundup first anyway, like you advised.

2 Likes

Blank canvas at the moment.

What to create a decent sized back garden first, will have a couple of raised beds, herb garden / rockery, BBQ and have it all fenced in to keep the children in.

Will resurrect my spud drills and bigger raised bed further back then.

1 Like

I did this recently. Game changer.

If I could make a suggestion. When you are fencing it in build a wheelie bin box into it with a top cover. Hides them and stops them blowing away. Hate seeing the things around the house

1 Like

My plan is to put down a concrete base for the oil tank and make it big enough to accomodate the wheelie bins and then fence all that off.

1 Like

Yeah I blocked off oil tank as well. Fine job. Wasn’t particularly cheap mind you

You need a fake oil tank, filled with sulfuric acid and the real one concealed from view. Don’t tell the kids either or they’d blab to their traveller friends at school.

4 Likes

Get the attic converted to a grow house for weed and you’ll pay off a Dublin 8 mortgage in no time.

1 Like