The advanced gardening thread

Got the first cut of the grass of the year in there. Was like a meadow.

Will you atart the bees this year fagan?

Not this year bucko.

I’ve a couple of small lawns I want to turn over. Would this do the trick for me. It’s under €100, don’t want to spend too much on something I’ll used just the once.

Would you be as well off to hire a proper rotivator for a day?

Absolute rot. Will do fuck all work for you.

2 Likes

I fucking love TFK!! Thanks Chops

1 Like

A good petrol wan! Do wreak in the 6x3 patch of grass I have…

Master Chief Loop GIF by Xbox

100 quid for the day, drop and collect too. Winner winner chicken dinner.

1 Like

You’d only be cutting up weeds with a yoke like that. Then they’ll sprout again.

Do it strip by strip. Remove the top sod and bury it upsidedown in the previously dug strip. Move across like that. You don’t need to dig too deep. Just enough to cover the sod. Obviously you’d have to put the first one on a footpath or the like.

3 Likes

Beds cleared, mountain of compost applied, seeds planted and we’re back in business. I’m looking forward to a particularly good harvest this winter.

5 Likes

Patience with the Asparagus is showing dividends, we’ve picked some great ones for the dinner over the last few days

3 Likes

It should be noted that the world’s greatest TV program, Gardeners World, is back for a new season. Monty’s box hedging has been decimated so it will be interesting to see what he does to replace it.

It’s not good news on the box unfortunately.
You’ll find out in six months.

First big gardening day of the year. I’ve the strawberries, herbs and chillies planted and I’ll do the potatoes next.

5 Likes

Everything has germinated, apart from the Parsley (I’m having awful trouble with the Parsley this year). The netted frame for the Brassicas is up and we’re on our way to a bumper winter harvest.

1 Like

Powering ahead

7 Likes

Gwan and give us a rundown on what you have growing there

Do the shorter days in the winter not affect growth?
How does that all work?

Garlic
Spring Onions (Scallions)
Leeks
Broad Beans
Lettuce
Kohl Rabi (1st time with this)
Beetroot x 2
Carrie x 2
Snow peas
Silverbeet 5 colour
Bok Choi