The All England Lawn Tennis Championship 2011

Proceedings get under way in SW24 tomorrow. Been very few top seeds falling in the early rounds in the Grand Slams in recent years, so it’ll probably be Wednesday of next week before anything of interest happens. John Isner is drawn against Nicolas Mahut in the first round. Conor Niland the first Irish player to compete since Matt Doyle in 1984. If he can get past France’s Adrian Mannarino in the first round, Federer will await in Round 2.

Andy seeded to meet Roddick in quarters and Nadal in semis.

I regrettably had to pass on my tickets for the men’s semi-finals due to other commitments.

Paddypower’s 4/1 about the top 4 seeds making the semi-finals has me tempted and I’m going to have a nibble at that.

SW19 Manuel, elementary mistake.

I will, as always, be giving my unwavering support to Roger Federer.

The Greatest

3/1 now chief - I’ve had a nibble.

It was an enhanced special they were offering at 4/1 but they seem to have removed it. 3/1 is just a manual creation of putting the 4 bets together is it?

Think it comes in around 5/2. The enhanced special must have been gobbled up sharpish. They offered 3/1 on the phone when I asked for the four.

Rafa to make it Grand Slam no.11.

Roger, he’s coming to get you!

Looks like Nadal forgot to take his drugs this morning. He’s 4-2 down in the first to Michael Russel.

Rafa breaks straight back.

Fuck the haters. :clap:

Hmm Double fault on break point there, very un-Nadal like there. This Russell lad is putting it up to Nadal, I love seeing players putting it up to big players instead of lying down and rolling over. Come on Russell, give the arse picker a shock.

First set Rafa. :guns:

Rafa through in straight sets.

:clap:

Wozniacki hijacks Djokovic press conference. :smiley: I will go for a run with Caroline anytime she wants. :slight_smile:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9515745.stm

Some belly on that Dokic one that is playing the ugly italian on centre court at the moment.

Murray drops first set. :slight_smile:

:clap:

would be hilarious if he lost

Pubehead claims the second set.

A navy Tipp(?) jersey visible in the crowd there.

Murray took sets 3 and 4 without dropping a game