The Anglo Tapes

Independent milking the shit out of these.

The one they released this morning was fucking brilliant though. Drumm singing Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles to the the other fella :smiley: they didn’t give two fucks

The one thing that has struck me from the few snippets I’ve heard is that nobody on the tapes sounds particularly intelligent-gas to think how these lads were on the money they were on.

I thought the same, the two lads in yesterdays tape sounded incredibly dim.

Are ye sufficiently outraged, gentlemen?

Is this not just confirming what most of us would have thought? The fact that the indo are that enthusiastic about it makes me think that it’s not a big deal.

Why did it take so long for these recordings to come out?

It’s just a bit of banter.

All phone conversations in a treasury function in a bank are recorded so there are probably thousands of conversations like this in these tapes.

Wonder where the leak came from and why now.

If what they’ve been playing the last few days is the worst of it then there’s not much to see here. We already knew they knew they would need more than €7 billion but I suppose this is confirmation of that. The snidey laughs and jokes are hardly surprising-it is a shower of wankers we are talking about after all. As I said the only thing that surprised me is how dim the lads sounded. I know they fucked up the country but you would think that they would at least sound intelligent considering they fooled so many people for so long.

[SIZE=7]Nothing to see here, move along. [SIZE=4]Unless its a tape! [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Wait till we get the tapes between the Regulator & Anglo. Then you will be suitably outraged :cool:

Any links?

When I heard the tapes yesterday and they referred to Drumm as “Drummer” all I could think of was those characters in Ross O Carroll Kelly books. :slight_smile: Fucking private school knob ends. :slight_smile:

Front page of the Independent website CM

The tapes sound bad all right but you have to temper your outrage in the knowledge they were private conversations that weren’t formal. Lads will always embellish and use hyperbole when speaking to each other, especially in a high level banking atmosphere where appearing to be a “big dick playa” and to not give a fock is so important. Stuff like Bowe saying they picked the figure out of their arse is clearly him talking shit and trying to look the big man. The tapes confirm that they knew they were fucked and knew they were riding everyone as a result, but it’s not like this is a massive revelation.

I think a lot of the Anglo lads were northsiders

When I heard the tapes yesterday and they referred to Drumm as “Drummer” all I could think of was those characters in Ross O Carroll Kelly books. :slight_smile: Fucking private school knob ends. :slight_smile:

The Pat Neary impression was priceless though

Ah that’s great banter- Deutschland, Deutschland, ubber alles… :clap:

This country was built on ballhopping and piss taking and i’m glad the boys maintained this through one of the countries darker periods :pint:

"[U]Mr Drumm is also heard laughing as one of his executives sings the German national anthem[/U] as deposits from Germany flowed into Anglo as a result of the bank guarantee.

In discussing how to keep taking deposits without attracting attention from the authorities, Mr Drumm is heard saying “get it in… don’t be overtly pumping it”.

In fairness, give me that office banter any day over the fooks i work with
:D:pint:

I wonder how this will play in the beer halls of Bavaria.