The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

I’m afraid you’ve reached this week’s quota for @starryplough interactions

15 Likes

Understood. Is there anything else you would like to discuss regarding the Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2?

@dancarter badly exposed here.

The Telegraph are seething. :rofl:

Suspect number 1…

Who the fuck quoting the torygraph :joy::joy::joy:

The lads are sweeping sweeping here.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I wouldnt say thats big money

The IRFU and Leinster are now inviting applications for the position of Spirit of Rugby Officer (Leinster).

The successful candidate will work within Leinster Rugby Branch to deliver rugby related workshops based on the values and programmes of the IRFU to volunteers and related personnel in rugby clubs and associated community groups.

This position is being offered on a 3-year fixed-term, full time basis and will be based in Dublin. The nature of the work is such that these hours may be irregular or outside the norm i.e., during evenings and at week-ends (including Sundays).

The closing date for applications is strictly 5pm Friday 5th May 2023.

For a full job description, please see below.

The IRFU and Leinster Rugby are equal opportunities employers.

JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT

JOB TITLE: Spirit of Rugby Officer (Leinster)

Role and Purpose of Position:

Working within the Branch to deliver rugby related workshops based on the values and programmes of the IRFU to volunteers and related personnel in rugby clubs and associated community groups.

REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:

Operationally – Head of Rugby Development, Leinster Rugby

Functionally – Projects Manager Spirit of Rugby Program, IRFU

Working Relationships:

Local clubs and related schools

IRFU Staff

Branch staff

The Spirit of Rugby Officer will be based in an IRFU Branch Office but will be required to travel to Dublin to report to Spirit team-lead when necessary.

KEY QUALITIES:

• Experience is delivering sport related training sessions or workshops to large groups
  • Previous experience in working within a sports or voluntary organisation
  • Previous tutoring experience
  • Previous experience of working with volunteers
  • Good knowledge of Irish Rugby
  • Dynamic self-starter
  • Excellent presentation skills and tutor delivery experience in sport related courses
  • Proven facilitation and communication skills
  • Ability to liaise with rugby staff as well as work on their own to implement ‘Spirit’ initiatives.
  • Full clean driving licence

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:

• To raise awareness of the values of Irish Rugby
  • To educate club personnel as to the best ways to demonstrate these rugby values through club activities, including safeguarding, anti-doping and /or related training
  • Through interactive workshops, educate participants and club volunteers to make positive choices in relation to player welfare both on and off the pitch.
  • Delivery of IRFU ‘Spirit of Rugby’ workshops highlighting the importance of a safe, fun and inclusive environment for players, especially Age-grade.
  • Delivery of IRFU and Sport Ireland/Northern Ireland modules for safeguarding and anti-doping
  • Management of the vetting process for the Province
  • Facilitate Club Welfare Officers to ensure safeguarding and/or related values standards are achieved by clubs
  • Work with the IRFU Youth Council to promote the voice of age-grade players
  • Work with IRFU Disability & Inclusion Officer and Community Rugby Officers to promote modified formats of the game that are attractive to people with a disability and those who wish to engage with their rugby club in a less structured manner
  • Engage key club personnel and target populations in relevant workshops
  • Promote awareness of the context and vulnerabilities of target populations
  • Any other duties that may be required from time to time

KPIs

To be agreed with line manager on commencement

Performance Measures

• Maintain effective relationships with staff and volunteers within the IRFU
  • Carry out duties and responsibilities as mentioned above to an effective and efficient standard including the implementation of the Spirit of Rugby Operational Plan
  • Make effective and informed decisions in relation to the role and the Department
  • Establish efficient work practices
  • Portray a competent and professional image of the IRFU

Apply Now

Still Deciding?

So you get this mix and match of supporters from different countries but you’ve still got this hard core of people who hopefully have got tickets, who were born and bred in Leinster or certainly in Ireland and want to support the team.

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2023/0517/1384024-leinster-plead-with-fans-for-early-arrival/

Are you driving one of the supporters buses again this week pal? They would do worse than throw you a few quid to get them in early

You are absolutely seething. :joy:

I’ll try and get you a pass for the stadium car park. I don’t think it allows supporters buses though.

1 Like

You cut him deep with that one. He’s been in a nawful jocker though since the last RWC.

3 Likes

I am of course pal

Says the lad who frantically googled a picture of the tunnel of the Aviva when he got caught out spoofing ffs :rofl::rofl:

:joy::joy:

Il be in the press box like I was the last time pal

download (1)

Sigh.

Ah lads :rofl:

Will someone pick @gilgamboa up off the floor of the Aviva there.

1 Like