The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

RIP rubby if they do that.
The 6N is the core of the brand for Ireland England Scotland and Wales.

6N is intl level and not saying that changes. It’s provincial level that needs to be addressed i think

More of it. Saying that healy is playing well and is first choice LH but again not upto the RWC

How can you possibly have a problem with a one year contract for a first choice player?

A 33 year old prop signing a 1 year contract tells you plenty about the state of rugby finances. It might not be long til we get back to the glory days of amateur rugby and clubs being supported again. Can’t come soon enough, I read in the paper here today that a rugby club has folded and an American football outfit have taken over their grounds.

1 Like

Schmidt destroyed Irish rugby

Its only 1 year, its useless if he retires next year. Build for 2023

I don’t understand what you mean at all. Why is it useless if he retires next year?

@ChairmanDan I know there is a lot going on with meghan and Harry etc but it’s very surprising that the lads (aka the usual suspects) haven’t been in to comment on the massive financial windfall the IRFU and other 6N countries got today

They were too excited about the provincial team announcements.

Sold their soul. Letting six nations behind the paywall will lose the casual viewer

They had no choice but to sell the family silver sure. According to the IRFU “this year, the money after net cost, will be in the region of €6m, if the deal approved by regulatory authorities. €6m effectively keeps us and the provinces running for little over a month”

I wounder if the recent central contract renewals had a pay cut built in? Pro rugby in ireland is built on sand.

You can be absolutely certain, sure a host of them are 1 year contracts too which no professional rugby player wants to sign as their career could be ended every day they take the field. I believe even poor Zebo is desperately looking for a new employer and struggling to find someone.

French and English clubs will be fine as long as the sugar daddy keeps paying the bills. In fairness he will get something alright he is a top class player

The IRFU are getting 12m a year for 5 years? Would that be considered a lot of money?

Not bad at all

1 Like

Philip Browne is a top drawer sporting administrator. Maybe we should set up a dedicated thread to celebrate his achievements. Just like some of the soccer chaps did with John Delaney.

1 Like

Any comment on the rumors about Browne?

Casual rugby fan here, enjoyed it more when it was entertaining 20 years ago What’s the deal with preferring foreigners over home produced? Billy Burns played u20 v Ireland? Casey the future no 9 but JGP gets picked ahead of him? Lowe before Earls and Larmour, 2 celebrated Irish players. What’s the strategy here?