The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Henshaw went to school in Connacht

Dillanes from tralee if I’m correct?

Yes… I wasn’t sure if half-pipe meant his actual school or his rugby education…

1 Like

Actual schooling. Henshaw and Carty both finished school in Westmeath. Denis Buckley there now but he went to Blackrock

He did in his fuck.

Really? Maybe be just loves the attention. I’ve seen him out and about in Ranelagh and Dawson St, holding court.

Outstanding stat from across the water. Imagine a team of South African without any irish players.

They played in the Connacht senior cup so that is splitting hairs…

And uncapped which is a disgrace

Played against him in an under 20s match when he was with corinthians. He scored a hat trick as a front row and threw an outrageous behind the back pass. Solid enough I though he would have got a run out against a tier 2 team after the pro 14 win.

1 Like

You can’t bate them cunts enough.

1 Like

He’s an excellent player who is unbelievably fit and mobile and brilliant at the breakdown. The best uncapped player in the country

He’s certainly a ranelagh mainstay alright. Twice I’ve spotted him down there and I’ve only ever been in ranelagh pubs on 3 or 4 occasions.

He wasnt as barrelly as I expected but has some melon on him.

1 Like

Its scandless that he’s behind Ed Byrne.

If he hailed from South Africa, he’d be capped.

A quick glance at the Leinster team that are playing this weekend would be similar. All lads from private schools within 25 miles of each other.

Twas Dave Heffernan I meant to say, another Blackrock boy. I think Buckley has a bit of a reputation doesn’t he which might have hampered his progress.
I mention the lack of representation from actual schools in Connacht to highlight how big a deal it would be for someone like Blade to get a cap, ridiculous that Gibson Park is getting the shirt ahead of him.

The Farrell regime seems like an extension of Camp Joe, where if your face doesn’t fit like Cave or Cooney you’re not getting in.

With the project players, I get the sense they are persevered with, an given additional rope, to attempt to make them a success and justify their initial inclusion.

Isn’t it Nucifora who is identifying and recruiting these lads, and he also has a big say on whether Farrell stays or goes? The smart play by Farrell then is to play these lads rather than ignore them. It probably makes it easier to recruit more from abroad too if you can point to lads as limited as Roux, Gibson Park etc and show the earnings and careers they have had by making the move. Any right minded supporter should be embarrassed by it all though, it’s counter productive longterm as well.

1 Like

He kicked gaelic in the Leinster schools championship. Shove your hair up yer hole