The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Yepā€¦ Massive twine alright

If you havenā€™t met a leering Brent Pope on a night out surrounded by beautiful women then youā€™re going to be wrong places.

2 Likes

He is, I also get the impression he would improve again if he was given the chance to step up a level. 27 now though and Farrell clearly has his favourites so unlikely to get a cap at this stage. His wages will be pitiful enough too as an uncapped player with Connacht, if he goes abroad and makes his mark he still has a chance of getting 1 last big contract.

2 Likes

Could you say he has been definite first choice for long spells at Connacht? He has played 2nd fiddle to Cooney and Marmion for a lot of time. He is v lively though, would pick up a nice contract in France youā€™d think albeit they are not short of 9s over there

1 Like

To be fair he was just breaking through when Cooney was there, himself and Marmion have been sharing the shirt. Cooney and Marmion have plenty of caps between them, he hasnā€™t been struggling to establish himself against duds. He has lost out on caps to a Welshman and a NZ, neither of whom are better than him. Just seems a ridiculous way to run things by the IRFU.

1 Like

Hooky was box office

By picking an out half who kicked the ball into the wrong stand in Cardiff?

The 6N on tv was huge for rugby in the 1970s . Putting it behind a pay wall would be utter madness

I agreeā€¦ But if I had a choice between the club game or international game behind a pay wall Iā€™d pick the international game all day long

1 Like

The AIL is going behind a paywall?

3 Likes

Plays off the other foot, doesnā€™t he?

:moneybag::moneybag: jobs for the boys

Theyā€™re both behind a paywall now no?

There was a real clamour for the inclusion of Tiernan Halloran, Matt Healy and Adeolokun in the Irish squad there a few years ago which seems to have died down now. The likes of Henshaw and Aki being capped for Ireland are the exception rather than the rule for Connacht in recent decades unfortunately.

6n isnt

Cvc are invested in premiership in UK, pro 14 and now 6nā€¦my hope is this will eventually see them all available in one locationā€¦ At moment bt have English league and eir have pro 14ā€¦pain in the hole needing two subs

1 Like

Once all this covid nonsense is over for a tenner a week you can caught an AIL match in your local club, have a few pints and watch the pros on the telly in the bar afterwards. Repeat on the Sunday for a junior game. Cant wait thinking about it now.

3 Likes

The IRFU do cap Connacht players to be fair, but finishing your schooling in Connacht is a major disadvantage. Lads like White, Roux, Ah You, Bealham have all been capped despite lack of ability. I donā€™t know the last lad who finished his education in Connacht and got 10 caps, Johnny Oā€™Connor maybe? Other than Oā€™Halloran im struggling even think of many others capped in recent years.

1 Like

Dillane? Sorry did you mean actual schooling or rugby schooling

1 Like

That connacht backing was electric in 16ā€™, game management concerns with Schmidt I guess.

He was fantastic against Munster last week. He has the physical tools anyway.

1 Like