The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Just above Shamrock Rovers all the same

There must be otherwise they’d have been at the game, no?

I’m fairness there are multiple LOI premier league teams in Dublin pulling fans. Leinster the only top level rugby team

2 Likes

West Cork protestants if they exist would be unlikely to follow leinster I’d say

In Leinster Dan you’ve also Dundalk, Drogheda, Bray, Wexford and Athlone

2 Likes

Good point, well made

Ive said it many times here about pro rubby in ireland here, real rugby supporters wont be seen at pro games, in the last 20 years there ahs been a massive increase in the bandwagon pushing out real supporters whos season ended in april. A URC semi vs the bulls isnt a place to be seen, to put pics up at on social media as there is a lot more going on. Unlike intercounty GAA where the supporters will still attend even if your county is useless.

1 Like

Oh yeah forgot about the Rumbelows cup that’s the one they all dream of winning.

In fairness there was a handbag sale in Brown Thomas’s last night.

5 Likes

A photo of the camera side (courtesy of my social media of course :roll_eyes:)

I’d say no way 11,000 there last night

1 Like

Ah shtap now. There wasn’t 3k fans to see the cork footballers last week

Cork is hurling country. West cork is too far for the football to travel. West cork is now rubby anyway

Agreed on all points. So gaa fans don’t go to see their county regardless :joy:

If it was limerick or cork in a league semi you wouldnt have that low of a crowd. Take population into account too its shockng

Correct. Northern Hemisphere Rugby really should finish in April but pro rugby stretched it to May and now June. Dublin is the only real city in Irish territory and there are strict start and ends points to things.

2 Likes

The county names along the top FFS :joy::joy::joy::joy:
#TeamOfUs

3 Likes

#12countyarmy

Interesting to see how many shows up to Limerick and Cork knockout championship tomorrow

Leinster attendance last night a disgrace but using gaa attendances as the benchmark isnt a great one IMO for the most part

Double header in Croker today won’t be 30k at it.

Heartbreak for Ulster here against 14 men stormers. Anyone with the attendance? Looks to be a fair crowd in.