The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

What a fucking wanker.

8 Likes

Pop in and have a look at the replied and quote tweet comments, he’s getting a proper kicking.

1 Like
1 Like

Thats fucking outstanding from Eddie. Kudos. I’ll be using that one with the U9 coaches next year.

Benetton’s Traorè calls out rotten banana Secret Santa ‘gift’

The Italy and Benetton prop Cherif Traorè has revealed he received a rotten banana as part of the club’s Secret Santa.

The 28-year-old, who was born in Guinea, explained that what hurt him most about the “offensive gesture” was how a number of his teammates reacted with laughter and that he made the incident public in the hope of educating the person behind it.

Benetton released a statement after Traorè’s Instagram post, condemning any expression of racism but making no mention of any investigation or of teammates being held to account.

Traorè wrote: “Christmas is coming and as is traditional in a team, it’s Secret Santa time. A friendly and playful moment. A moment where you can give anonymous gifts to your mates, even ironic ones. Yesterday, when it was my turn, I found a banana inside my present. A rotten banana, inside a wet bag. Apart from calling the gesture offensive, what hurt me most was seeing most of my mates present laughing.”

Serious problems in Italy with acceptable racism and machismo.

Rugby has serious issues to deal with

The issue here is within rugby mate

1 Like

In this case, some parts of Italian society

Yeah, definitely wouldnt see similar in say Italian soccer.

Teammates sending bananas to black players hasnt happened in football

Serious sweep sweep here

2 Likes

How do you know it was an Italian player who sent it to him

I think they want to discuss racism in italian football for some reason

Distraction

Italian footballs campaign. Really thoughtful

A friend of mine working in London got a bag of spuds for his Secret Santa last year.

4 Likes

Id say that didnt go down well with serious bob

Not known for his laid back easy going nature

Yeah, supporters of opposing team very generous with sharing them from the stands instead.

Racism endemic, regardless of sport.

Italy shaped like a boot cos you couldn’t fit that amount of shit in a shoe