The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Saturday morning is a bad time to be hitting the barbers.

The big question of course is will you tip?

It’s most amusing.

The gaa fans absolutely seething because supporters of a team are still sick a few days after a game.

60k Irish fans in Paris for the quarter final.

The gaa couldn’t pay 60k people to turn up at of the all Ireland semi finals this year.

This is it what it boils down to.

Rugby is popular and the miserable lads on here hate it.

I will not. There are 5 in the queue and he is engaged in needless chatter

What ultimately is the problem though? Why bother with holding onto so much anger about something so trivial?

1 Like

Poor form. He needs to be all business on a Saturday morning.

2 Likes

We’re not angry. We’re quite content.

It’s a nice morning for fishing

1 Like

Sure that’s part and parcel of it.

If man United lose tonight I won’t watch match of the day tonight or listen to any podcasts on Monday.

If Limerick lose I’ll go home to bed.

For most sports is a bit of a getaway from the mundane Monday to Friday shit you’ve to put up with.

It’s hardly a crime to care about something.

Should we turn off the rugby last Saturday evening and focus on the war in Palestine or the war in Ukraine?

In that case Ireland didn’t win any match of consequence.

In fairness Ireland beat South Africa so they could avoid France in the quarters and get New Zealand instead.

4 Likes

In fairness it’s almost amusing how it worked out for Ireland but the French must be sick.

Usually the hosts get looked after.

My life partner fucked off to a wedding last Saturday - it was a small wedding & no partners were invited (according to her) so I was lone parenting. GAA in the morning was okay but they were started to run amok at home after lunch so I thought to myself…haircuts! Jaysus, we were down there from 2.30pm to after 4pm even though there were 3 barbers working & only 4 ahead of us. One of them would repeatedly pause his cutting/shaving/styling mid sentence to make eye contact with the customer in the mirror when chatting. It took him around 45 minutes to tidy up an auld lad’s thinning hair. Only the prospect of post haircut lollipops prevented my two from going spare, which they did on the way home anyway. But that was a separate matter.

10 Likes

This is rugby quarter final country!

4 Likes

Still 3rd in the world I see. All is not lost. France behind in 4th.

I’d say tidying up an auld lads thinning hair is one of the hardest jobs in barberism.

Outstanding post, my own reaction when it comes up is yeah, disappointing, cant fault the guys were beaten on the night, thats life.

Its actually much more difficult when you lose a big match when involved or heavily personally invested in. Ive lost more cup finals than won and as plenty of others on her will agree its absolutely shit. Even worse when you know you should have won, but its over and in the history books

You need to grow as a person, this isn’t healthy behaviour

1 Like

The Irish media are the biggest bunch of cunts there is. Imagine if Ireland won the World Cup…there would be biblical levels of smugness. They’d make the British media look impartial.

1 Like

Woeful lot.

Remember euro 2012 when they convinced themselves we’d qualify from a group containing Croatia, Spain and Italy.

1 Like

That’s true but tipp are cunts…

1 Like