The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

I just hope Jonny has a long and healthy retirement

You forgot the seismic event of the 90s pal, the Laois Minor Footballers who raised the mood of an entire nation in multiples of what Italia 90 achieved

The GAA began to rot when they decided dublin was too big to fail.

It wasn’t.

1 Like

I was going to amend it to mention the Galway breakthrough of 1998 and the emergence of a special group of Laois footballers born in the 1978-1980 period who came agonisingly close to winning 3 minors in a row. Beano McDonald, Wooly Parkinson and Chris Conway epitomised the optimism of the 1990’s.

3 Likes

You’re cutting Tom Kelly deep there pal

1 Like

Woolly’s half time interview against Dublin epitomised the confidence of the nation at the time, when Paddy was going over to Mayfair outbidding the Saudis and the Barclay Brothers on prime real estate.

Duh which? You’re an outsider buying up land and property in the State.

I will take your word for it.

I am torn as to how I want the game tonight to go. Part of me wants a 9-6 penalty fest with collapsed scrums and stoppages a plenty and the meeja here going into bitter overdrive about how the team of us would have beaten the pick of them. On the other I’d love to see a 48-47 cracker and the realisation dawning that Ireland are way of the standard required to reach a semi final not to mind a final.

Doesn’t matter maybe, Jonny has told the guys that we’ve already won

1 Like

Option A is right on track

Fucking hell

https://twitter.com/JohnDugganSport/status/1718376469930389731?t=J9JVt8YXiWDcnN0uDIxcaQ&s=19

1 Like

Its a big what if, up there with what would have happened if saipan didnt happen or henry didnt handle the ball i guess.

Some folks need to build a bridge and get over it, they were beaten on the night fairly

What if Handre Pollard had played against Ireland? That’s how this game goes isn’t it? Can the cheerleaders in the media not buy RWC24 for their PlayStation and play it until Ireland defeat an emerging nations 15 in the final. I dread to think what will happen if Ireland beat SA on the tour there next summer.

2 Likes

Peter o Mahony wouldn’t be a great choice as captain imo.

Nor would James Ryan.

Should go to a forward and the best player, also someone who will communicate well with refs. Dorris should get it.

Ryan is a fine player but a bit fragile. Furlong is on the decline. Porter is a headbanger. Ringrose would be my second choice.

1 Like

Wgaf

1 Like

https://twitter.com/uccrfc/status/1725917192837902504?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

A bit of notice to book a holiday at least

https://twitter.com/IrishRugby/status/1732716910473564449?t=h2gxY39Vk8EW4LlvzpeEHQ&s=19

Genuine question for the rugby heads - who was the better player, Sexton or O’Driscoll?

I’d have always said O’Driscoll but surprised by how many seem to say Sexton. O’Driscoll played in an average team and lifted many around him. Sexton played in far better teams and did single handedly turn games around.