The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Both shit. Not one knockout win between them at international level.

8 Likes

Thanks Mike. The question was for the rugby heads though

Its not often I agree with you,but youre on the money here.
Softcocks the pair of them.

Mac, you know as much about the rugby as any man in here, search your heart

Oā€™Driscoll was better, Sexton was greater.

Itā€™s a discussion Iā€™m curious about

Both failures at the top level.

Oā€™Driscoll edges it as being better craic

O Driscoll all day every day and twice on Sundayā€¦not sure Iā€™d agree around the gap in quality around who they played with mind you

5 Likes

Frontrow was always dodgy in BODā€™s time. Most of it anyway.

BOD spent years playing beside crash ball Maggs and trundling Rob Henderson until they realised Darcy could play inside him.

Sexton had far more talent all around him in my opinion.

We agree on the main point though

Sure Hayes was thrown in as a converted 2nd row cos they couldnā€™t find any props wasnā€™t he

1 Like

Eh?

Different era props werenā€™t doing what they do now.

He had a back row of Ferris Wallace heaslip in the grand slam 09 would match up well with current back row any day

1 Like

Agree, played with a heap of talent. Current Ireland team probably benefits from the fact England are rotten bad. Wales, France, England were all strong in 09ā€™.

I think this Ireland side are fantastic though.

1 Like

France probably never win as much as they should due to innate Frenchness and they and Ireland are the 2 best 6N teams by daylight.

Racing have absolutely fucked away their last two European games.

Had been playing for Ireland for the guts of 9/10 years then though. Those 3 were exceptional but he had plenty of journeymen in the back 3 before them. Leamy had to be converted to an 8 as they couldnā€™t find another one. Easterby was doing lots of ā€˜unseenā€™ work from how I remember it. And Keith Gleeson got better with every game he didnā€™t play for Ireland until some kind of Indian summer. Plenty of other mullockers too

Think it was around 04ā€™ Ireland became good with the Triple Crown

Horgan and Hickey were good, plus Geordan Murphy and Girv was solid at 15.

Kevin Maggs was a mullocker

Twas 2004 when they put Darcy beside him. Oā€™Driscoll missed the first game and Darcy did well at 13. Moved Darcy to 12 then and the rest is history.

1 Like