The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

‘Here’s Maggs on crash ball’

Rugby speak for here’s Maggs mullocking straight up the middle cos he’s incapable of running angles

4 Likes

Putting my rubby scumcap on (of course with a bandage blocking out the Adidas logo to keep Canterbury happy) I think it’s difficult to compare them as like for like as Sexton’s role had more influence than an outside centre so you have to go with the overall impact. Sexton won more but O’Driscoll had a bigger impact on Irish rubby overall and his triumphs meant more (2009 will always be remembered more fondly than 2018 or 2023). I think in time 2015, 2019 and 2023 World Cup exits will hang over Sexton’s public perception (and be an easy source of ridicule by the rubby world because he acted like a cunt regularly on the pitch).

2 Likes

They were both duds. Neither could bring the national team to the last 4 of an 8 team competition

2 Likes

Two of our most overrated players ever.

O Driscoll all day for me.
Sexton was tough, and game as you like, but peak O Driscoll transcended anything sexton was capable of.

5 Likes

Rugby didn’t start in 09. And 09 wouldn’t have happened if 00 and beating France in Paris didn’t happen and that is the real value of BOD…he came along just when he was needed and he was fucking brilliant. Great in attack but better in defence. A superstar. As important a player to Irish rugby as any player has been to any other country in any era.

7 Likes

Those cunts are utterly ravenous to take their elitist ape sport to the next level.Wont happen and its glorious to see them fail at WC every single time.
They’ve tried everything.Imports,Central contracts etc but still fail.
“This is Rugby Country” is more of it.A catchphrase to brainwash those heifers and their ilk that one sees in pubs when Oirland plays.The wan’s bet into jerseys 2 sizes too small for them,drinking pints and shushing people up when some private schoolboy attempts to kick a ball between posts 14 metres away and looks like hes about to have a stroke doing it,the useless cunt.

5 Likes

Tell me youv had 4 pints of smithwicks without telling me you’ve had 4 pints of smithwicks

4 Likes

I dont believe in hate but ill make an exception for those things.
A horrible breed.

So you’re saying you’d side with O’Driscoll then?

1 Like

I see the manager who failed was awarded manager of the year.
WTAF like?

2 Likes

The o Carroll Kelly’s are big in Montrose.

It wasn’t a vintage year for Irish sport. One of the pommel horsey set won sports personality of the year.

Did Kiely not win it?

You can say that about all Irish rugby players in fairness

1 Like

No, that’s being kept for him after the 5 in a row next year.

Is that how it works? Could be not with Ute two years in a row?

This place isn’t a reflection of the entire country I’m beginning to think.

I see Violet Elizabeth Thornley is having a hissy fit about the penalty count going a massive 9-7 against Munster in Exeter.
16 penalties in the match from “the overbearing Msr Reynal”
:joy:

1 Like

He is a dose. His mewling after the quarter final exit was atrocious. The high hit on Crowley should surely have been a yellow though.

1 Like