The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Ireland could go Tommy ahern, connors and Conan v France.

Would surely be our biggest ever back row.

Dunno what was the idea behind but if Leinster had played joe McCarthy v La Rochelle in the last two finals they might have won both of them.

Heā€™s an animal of a lad. Himself and beirne surely be starting in the six nations. Pity edogbo got injured.

1 Like

Joe Mac and Beirne are the only form options at second row really. Have to pick them to start for France away if they keep this up. Wouldnā€™t mind seeing Cian Prendergast at 6, Connors 7 and Doris/Conan at 8.

Nick timoney surely has a chance too after tonight.

How did Reffel go? Lads I discuss rugby with here are very keen on him, and most of them are former backrowers.

Leinster should have won that but Ulster dug deep. Iā€™m only disappointed that Ulster superfan @Halfpipe revealed this evening that he is too poor to pay for a subscription to watch his team.

I donā€™t gamble but Iā€™d put a few quid on Leinster this year for the Champions Cup.

2 Likes

A line that could only be delivered by a Leinster rugby misfortune.

1 Like

Must be 20 quid a month? Would the British government not subsidise you for that too?

The level of insecurity a lad must have to be getting on with that type of patter, it doesnā€™t bear thinking about. Il give you the benefit of the doubt that itā€™s a combination of drink and Ulster men again making you feel all vulnerable that has led you down that path, Id hope you will be full of regret tomorrow.

Insecure? Why would you embarrass yourself in 2024 talking about games on free to air vs. pay tv?

I donā€™t drink. I was at the game and said already congrats to yourself and Ulster. Will BBC NI have a highlights programme for the marginalised?

Fairly well. Iā€™ve defended Harry Byrne but that was very poor at the end. All after he had nailed a sideline kick. Not sure what goes through his head.

We will have to put it down entirely to Ulster men again making you feel vulnerable so.

You didnā€™t

They wonā€™t, so at least thatā€™s something to brighten up your night.

Thatā€™s a shame. It would be great if they could do more to reach out to new fans like yourself.

https://twitter.com/dicksondigital/status/1742215847496626463?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:
Thatā€™ll bring them out.

Heā€™s in good form. I think heā€™ll break back into the Irish side.

1 Like

There is a good case to get him in now with Loweā€™s age. He is a thoroughbred, compare and contrast with the outside backs in MUN v CON. Just levels. The fact he isnā€™t the established left wing more due to playing like an idiot than talent.

Be is a bit like that Teddy Thomas lad for France.

1 Like

You canā€™t teach that.