The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Or a double-movement.

A double pump

Average player leaves Munster by his own choice and they pump him up for some bizarre reason.

1 Like

A few months after another failure at a world cup and Irish rugby fan is already talking about the next world cup. FFS :joy:

My abiding memory of him at Munster was those penalties he missed in the shootout against Toulouse in 2022.

If say myself and @BruidheanChaorthainn were fairly sure at the time that Healy going was a brutal decision

1 Like

Ronan o gara missed plenty of kicks early doors.

It can be character building and Healy has bundles of character.

Correct.

He’d be in Irelands 23 v France.

True O’ Gara missed a few crucial kicks in the 2000 final against Northampton and eventually changed his kicking technique to good effect. I wouldn’t have seen that much of Ben Healy because Carbery usually started the big games. Hence that Toulouse game stands out in the memory.

1 Like

Under van gran Munster were a total joke. Healy was only 22 and a victim of poor coaching.

He played a vital roll at times last season and was as been pointed was a slow burner. He’d have gotten there though.

He’s a huge loss to Munster and Irish rugby.

Leinster also have about four different options and that rarely ends well. None of them overly convincing either. Prendergast done well v Ulster but he was ran over for the 20s too in the final.

I’d much rather Healy at Connacht or Ulster and have him as option for Ireland.

And did we have a back up thats had enough game time to come in and change a game like that. Sexton was the biggest risk going into the world cup

Brutal decision by who? He chose to leave as wasn’t ever getting a look in with Ireland with Farrell about.

I’ve not seen much of his club games this season but he was gash in world cup.

Id still have belief Butler has as high a ceiling.

And yet and yet and yet

1 Like

Well obviously you wanted to keep him but I don’t recall you or @BruidheanChaorthainn suggesting which outhalf would leave instead?

Also, wasn’t he offered a contract? Like wasn’t it ultimately his decision that he had better opportunities for club and country elsewhere?

Wasn’t getting much of a look in with Munster either. It was clear that they had him as no 3 in their depth chart at the time.

No it wasn’t. It obvious to anyone watching on for the previous 18 months carberry was a busted flush. Farrell kept carberry in place and within weeks off Healy leaving he ditched carberry.

They utterly fucked Munster over.

Poor Munster. The big boys always making their decision for them. Always fucking them over. Grrrr​:joy::joy:

Healy would have known his position in the Irish pecking order and knew he had no shot at a RWC call up - even ignoring Carbery. He was right.

He also knew that Munster had backed Crowley ahead of him so again even discounting Carbery he was unlikely to be the starting 10. More bench time and little chance of changing the Irish pecking order.

He took his chance to be a starting 10 for a club and that it would him a better shot at intl rugby in a country where there is less competition for the position. Munster weren’t going to offer him that. Simples. It is no more and no less than that.

3 Likes

We go again

Fairly sure there’s lads on here that rate Healy more highly than the man himself does. Not to say he isn’t a decent player or that he made the wrong move but he obviously didn’t back himself to contend with Crowley. I think he’ll carve out a tidy career in Scotland as a Duncan Weir type outhalf.

1 Like