The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

England are dreadful, but still came within a very very dubious refereeing decision of knocking out SA. I have a feeling theyā€™ll be better this year at home.

Doak looks a fine player but disappointing he hasnā€™t cleared away from cooney in the pecking order.

I havenā€™t seen much of him recently but he did look to have a higher ceiling than Casey.

Doak Only just turned 22. Get him in Andy!!

Ulster arguably stunted his development throwing him in at 10 for a while.

Ireland will bate them with their cap.

Zebo :joy: keenan at 15 and Nash at 14. No point in playing a 33 year old 4 years from a rwc

You must have a heart of stone

1 Like

I saw a predicted 6 Nations squad on the Irish Indo (on my parents coffee table) at the weekend and Zebo was in it. He must be almost 34 now. Iā€™d thought his international chances had long since vanished.

2 Likes

All winnable? In truth it would be a disaster not to win those 3. Wales are a Dadā€™s army effort who were shown up by an underwhelming enough Argentinian team, Italy lost by about 80 points to NZ, Scotland are the most threatening of the 3 but still wilted badly against ourselves and the Boks at the World Cup.

I was surprised to see @peddlerscross back England to win the 6 Nations in his predictions the other day given Owen Farrellā€™s absence. Iā€™d still fancy us to win in Twickenham but when you think about it both George Ford and Marcus Smith are more than ample replacements. I thought pundits were way too harsh on them at the World Cup when they were always likely to have the opportunity of an ambush in the semi-finals but by the same token they do seem a level below ourselves and France right now. In terms of coaching alone.

1 Like

Professional sport pal. If ireland seriously want to get past a QF than they need to be working towards that. A winger in his late thirties wont be there in 2027

2 Likes

France are going to destroy Ireland in the opening game.

Friday night in Marseille. We will get hockeyed.

It would be a real throwback if they did but France havenā€™t given us an old fashioned clipping since 2004. 2006 was looking like a proper beating until we scored 4 tries on the bounce. Iā€™d say France will beat us by 1 score. 23-18 or something like that.

Dunno why, but Iā€™m less certain of that this year.

We wonā€™t get hockeyed

What age was Jonny Sexton 4 years ago?

The next few 6 nations tournaments are largely an irrelevance and should all be treated as building towards a winnable RWC in 2027. This is what France and England will do.

If youā€™re looking at a squad for 4 years time the likes of Crowley, Doak, Frawley, Osbourne, Edogbo, Gleeson, Baird, Connors, Prendergasts x 2, etc all need to have 20-plus caps and have faced the likes on South Africa and New Zealand in summer/winter tests.

Ireland have the potential to be thereabouts next time out but that work must start now.

2 Likes

The next few 6 nations tournaments are largely an irrelevance and should all be treated as building towards a winnable RWC in 2027. This is what France and England will do.

If youā€™re looking at a squad for 4 years time the likes of Crowley, Doak, Frawley, Osbourne, Edogbo, Gleeson, Baird, Connors, Prendergasts x 2, etc all need to have 20-plus caps and have faced the likes of South Africa and New Zealand in summer/winter tests.

Ireland have the potential to be thereabouts next time out but that work must start now.

Why did that load twice?

Why did that load twice?

Crooked feed

10 Likes