The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

All the Sinn FĆ©in/IRA heads like Gerry, Mary & Michelle tweeting about the rubby amuses me. Fuck all from that demographic is going to vote for them no matter how much they try to cosy up to them.

4 Likes

You werent wrong, a cracking match!

1 Like

Sure would it matter when theyā€™ll still probably top the polls anyway?

https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/1761381999745323048?s=46

1 Like

Scandalous decision at the end.

Controversy and great spirit. Rugby league lads are great. The Penrith coach didnā€™t once mention the ref when three key decisions went against them. I think the two try ones were probably correct, but the ball strip he just got plain wrong. Penrith would win that game nine times out of ten.
Some very strange shaped faces, not least on Nathan Cleary.would make a more cynical observer slightly suspicious.
Disappointing today to see Sam Burgess as a pundit. Even worse to see that utter creep Gareth Thomas, who should be in jail, still being employed as a pundit also on some sort of Welch rubby program with Gabby yorath.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/jimhamilton4/status/1761544761540759922?t=qs8JAdryGxBTYFHnjh4sPQ&s=19

Not sure really. Looked like it wasnā€™t grounded from the best shot of it. The refs are usually good in league. Thereā€™s not usually much controversy.
The highlight for me was the Wigan lads last ditch tackle. Unbelievable effort.
I wanted Wigan to win though so Iā€™m not a fair judge.

I know there was a big crowd last night but what are Wiganā€™s regular crowds like? Seem to have declined?

Sold out for weeks last night. COVID really affected rugby league crowds across the board. Needs a few more nights like that to rekindle the crowds. Iā€™ve had the feeling itā€™s been drifting for a while, which is a Shane as it is a great game generally played in an admirable way.

1 Like

Yeah, when Wiganā€™s crowds have declined that is not good.

1 Like

Some live SL games on the BBC now

1 Like

Watching the footy. Found the hurling dull enough. Carabao final is great entertainment

Thought the last second one was fair enough. The Wigan try looked short of the line though and they didnā€™t use the best angle which was only shown in the replays after it was given.

Super game though.

1 Like

Actually turned on a bit of this. Penrith looked much the better team but couldnā€™t score.

The glory of it

Just saw the highlights of the RL final. The tries were way more entertaining than any game of RU. Some top quality scores.

3 Likes

I was surprised to see Slammin Sam Burgess on punditry duty with Sky.

Wasnā€™t ge up for domestic abuse or something serious enough a while back?

1 Like

Yes. Heā€™s gone down the mental health route. May be true but sounds like he was horrible.