The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

That’s big amongst them alright in fighting the rearguard action but truth be told they lost the battle decades ago. Even the “traditional” GGA schools they were handed in the 1950s by the mono cultural society of the day would be far more into football.

It would be just Colaiste Eoin where they’d hold out.

I’m focused on what I can control pal.
We’ve a young lad from Ukraine with us who seems to enjoy hurling and football. He’s been made to feel very welcome.

The professional firms have given the Dublin GGA team a major helping hand the last 10 years or so.

Rugby playing numbers are declining here, UK and NZ. You’d want your head examined to put a young lad out on a rugby pitch now.

4 Likes

Another man with his head buried in the sand around the relative dangers of rugby and gaa

Frightening that you are coaching young kids

Sure gaa playing numbers are reducing too and the clown liking your posts thinks it’s a great thing.

Young lads go abroad after a global pandemic :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Community rugby bounce-back continues, tackle height trial extended | NZ Rugby.

Meanwhile in New Zealand.

Great to see the game growing :clap::clap::clap::clap:

You reap what you sow.

Rugby is doing everything to make it more accessible to people compared to the gaa which seems on doing the exact opposite for whatever reason.

1 Like

That’s because the big heavy lad with huge gut mugging pints and atein tayto at the bar can look at his double on the tv screen and think “I can go out and lie on top of a lad just like him “

4 Likes

It’s too dangerous and boys are dropping it.

Why do you advocate child abuse ?

1 Like

Sweep sweep…“look over there it’s rubby”

Rugby has bigger fellas than football but you are incomplete here.

I was referring to both rugby and football. The GGA gets little to no interest, that’s reality. You’d probably struggle on All Ireland final day these days (whenever that is at this stage).

It’s different in other parts of Ireland for sure, but that’s the way it is in that part of Dublin. The likes of Kilmacud Crokes was founded by rooral types years ago. But it’s in a huge catchment of Dublin. The likes of the @TheUlteriorMotive get going seeing a good few teams out there. But on the same morning there’ll be multiple rugby and football clubs / schools doing the same thing in the same area. I’m fairly sure Granada is the biggest soccer underage club in the country and it is just one part of the Crokes “catchment”!

https://twitter.com/jamiewall2/status/1792069374389715029?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Madness

Penrith?