The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

That game will do Ireland more good than england

There’s a lot of truth in that. Serious wake up call for Irish coaches and players. Whether they can fix all the issues is questionable but at least they found out now rather than against Scotland. England, while going well, will start to veer into over-confidence now you’d say. Ultimately while they beat Ireland last year in the 6N they got chinned by Wales and looked hapless in the second half vs Scotland so still a lot to prove for them.

England generally fold like a till receipt when anyone keeps pressure on them.

2 Likes

As stated in one of the other 5 or 6 Anti-Rugby threads on here, there’ll also be very little hype going into this RWC compared to others. Either way, think Schmidt is too dependent on players that are over the hill/crocked to have any real chance really.

Are we still on track to win the World cup guys?

Very dangerous talk. Who said we were going to win it?

Well we were the best team in the World before Christmas so we surely are in line to at least make the final?

1 Like

We’ll get to a semi final.

Past performance is no guarantee of future performance mate. None at all. Our record in wc is average. I said it 2 years ago on here SA, out likely quarter final opponents, were favs and nothing iv seen since has changed my mind.

If SA are the best team in it should we not be avoiding them and playing NZ?

You can only play what’s put in front of you.

They should give the manager a long term contract before the finals and lock him in.

Lock him up more like.

Id prefer that. But I wouldnt advocate not trying to win the pool if thats your suggestion

Won’t the highest paid South African on the field, should they meet, be wearing an Ireland shirt? Sounds like a very poor return on investment if Ireland wouldn’t be favourites in that scenario.

8 Likes

The vagaries of the draw mean that Ireland will face one of the top two teams in the world - South Africa or New Zealand in the quarter final.

I thought we were one of the top two teams in the World

1 Like

Ireland are the best team I thought?

Second and fifth I thought? To be expected in the last eight of a global competition.

New Zealand and South Africa the traditional two biggest heavyweights of the international game are in their customary position as the best two in the world.

2 Likes