The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Unlikely. Faf de klerk is one of best pd players in england

And the IRFU investment in Stander has paid off in spades with what he has added to Munster…quite possible there will be no project player in Irish starting 15

Who said that :joy:

Mrs Sullivan tends to get caught up in the hype

Ireland were the best team in 2018 kid. A year is a long time in sport though. Look at the Limerick hurlers. Top of the pile in 2018 but like the Ireland rugby team not even Top 3 now.

Aye, he added everything but trophies.

3 Likes

Our record is definitively worse than average. 9 countries play rugby. Ireland have never made it past the last 8. Mathematically, that’s, I dunno, worse than average anyway.

3 Likes

The teams that have us knocked us out France in 03, argies/France in 07, wales in 11 and Argentina in 2015 have never made the final either. Beating Ireland is a bad omen.

1 Like

Odd that you havent commented about your fellow Limerick GAA man but found your way in here

You’re at least 96 out there kid. 105 participants in the 2019 renewal of the World Cup.

If your trying to talk rugby and you would like a reasonable discussion then dont throw in this raimeis

But I thought we won some big friendly last year? Or maybe the year before.

The UK
Ireland
France
Italy
New Zealand
Australia
South Africa
Argentina
Fiji
Samoa
Tonga
Japan

12 at a push. Most of which don’t really care about it

1. 3 teams in the UK

Four actually. The Ireland team encompasses part of the United Kingdom as well.

Indeed. I didnt want to double count

1 Like

On top of these 15 the game is popular and growing in Georgia and Russia. The Georgians have a large number of pro players in France. Russia had a team in European challenge cup last season, as did Romania

US has a brand new professional league.

Canada have been in multiple WC

Namibians love rugby just dont have the infrastructure to be strong enough with SA on doorstep

I think Ireland will get to a semi final… Out of new found friendship with @gilgamboa I’ll be trying my best to be supportive of the team at this tournament.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone suggest Gaelic football is in great shape. Most people would say it’s approaching crisis. Try not to make things up.

You’re. About 8 or 9 teams play rugby. Similar to hurling actually.

There is about 21 listed above there. Plenty more. Some are shite. Bit like soccer. Harder keep the score down in rugby.

12 countries