The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

I remember Lowe playing for the Maori All Blacks in Limerick and getting destroyed for pace by Darren Sweetnam. Heā€™s done well to rebuild his career

suppose they donā€™t or they wouldnā€™t be herd in the first place but I suspect this lad is the nuts

I meant none of the rubby team at all mate.

1 Like

No, not when it really comes to it, it seems.

If Gibson Park hadnā€™t been lured to Dublin with a suitcase full of ā‚¬s Caoilin Blade would probably be getting capped for Ireland this Autumn. Blade came through a small rural club in Galway, comes from a huge sporting family (his uncle died on the field in Kenny Park, Athenry, hurling for Abbeyknockmoy) and it would be a huge boost to rugby in Connacht to see him get capped. Instead itā€™s a Kiwi who will be in Ireland for a few years while the IRFU employ him before he heads back to the far side of the world again. Itā€™s absolutely ridiculous and fairly short-sighted nonsense.

11 Likes

Some of the Irish radio journos are in awe of Paul Kimmage and try their hand at gritty investigative journalism on doping and FIFA corruption. Iā€™d rather listen to the likes of Dalo telling yarns

1 Like

so would I

James Lowe > Hunter Biden

Fair shout, id say it was an unintended consequence but they probably couldnā€™t give a fuck beyond filling the aviva and landing sponsors.

Gibson Park isnā€™t much either

A new Lowe

2 Likes

Sexton to be stripped of the captaincy

Sounds like a Prod

Why does the residency rule keep getting brought up? Itā€™s now 5 years, a more than reasonable stint for anyone. Iā€™d put that well ahead of an English kid with one Irish granny lining out for Ireland because they canā€™t make the English team. I thought the recent Declan Rice and Jack Grealish fiascos would soften the cough of the Italia 90 cubs.

Lolz

I make no apologises for loving the New Irish who come here for a better life.

Have you heard his first name mate?

1 Like

Gibson ?

Jamison Gibson-Park.

1 Like

I donā€™t think many have a problem with the residency rule, itā€™s the targeting of professional rugby players to move across the world with a view to picking them to play for Ireland people have an issue with. James Lowe himself describes the rule as ridiculous but as he put it, sometimes you have to park dreams and think of opportunity. When he says opportunity he of course means euros.

The residency rule is fine at 5 years but 2 was a joke