The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

Since then Sexton has been concussed something like 6 times. Even without the discussion around it I think it’s safe to say that’s alarming.

Like in American Football? They’ve solved the problem there haven’t they?

What was most alarming was the apparent simplicity of it. If Sextons not concerned about it at this stage, he should be.

Where did I say they solved it?

I asked you how you’re an expert above a doctor. I also pointed out the hilarity of you saying “everyone knows its a problem” when 3/4 years ago nobody gave a fuck about it and knew nothing on it. Now you’re all experts, bigger experts than doctors apparently.

The membrane of a jelly fish is what that poor chap has.

That’s not true Tim. Just because you copped onto something in the last 3-4 years doesn’t mean that applies to everyone.

The issues of concussion, and specifically covering up concussion in rugby, was being discussed on here 8 years ago. e.g.:

5 Likes

That’s a clamping, and a mugging off.

Riggins has taken such a hit here I think he should follow the post concussion protocol before being allowed to post again.

6 Likes

Ah… lovely… the like machine, Julio, keeps going from strength to strength

1 Like

You either have it or you don’t mate

My stats are above average, pal… Room for improvement but i’m happy enough with my return.

I hear Thomond naming rights are to be sold shortly.

Englands new captain :clap:

A thugs game played by gentlemen.
Apparently.

Congrats to Leinsterfans.com for picking it up early and great to see you discussing rugby football

Rugby is where smoking was in the 60s - Safe way to smoke, no evidence etc. There is no safe way to be hit by a 20 stone bloke moving at speed. American football get away with it because of money and the demographic who play it. How long are their careers on average

Link between head trauma and neurodegeneration is garnering more and more irrefutable evidence

First high profile Irish player on late late show exhibiting signs of a rugby acquired brain injury will be nail in coffin of middle class kids playing rugby

1 Like

I think Cian Healy has already been on the Late Late?

5 Likes

Paul O’Connell or ‘Donners’ would be better examples

They’d be percieved as fairly thick from South-Side Dubliners anyway, mate… you’ll need a Leinster player in a wheel chair before this is taken anyway serious.

rugby needs players to wear helmets, maybe NFL needs them not to wear helmets so they don’t go head first into challenges. Ice hockey has been through the acquired brain injury epidemic, but that came from fights, the game can exist without them and the era of fighting is nearly over. The problem rugby has is the injuries come from the playing of the game, so its unsustainable as a sport.

This will become the future