The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

A showpony and a fraud of a player.

Here’s a highlights reel of him in action in rugby union:

1 Like

didnt he offload for the game breaking try yesterday?

New Zealand have offloaded him mate, he couldn’t cut it in Union. No wonder he was so eager to give away his medal, at least he’s honest, and that, at least, is to be admired.

1 Like

A pretty embarassing turn for Burgess, Mike Ford and the RFU all told. Noone comes out of it well. At least Bath will probably get their money back. It looks like Ford was treated as a mug by Burgess tbh, I feel a bit sorry for him but these guys need to take off the league blinkers.

In the last few years the guys who have come over have been so so. Benji Marshall was an utter embarrassment and went back after a few games with his tail between his legs. SBW, whilst good in rugby couldn’t start for New Zealand. He was the best player in the NRL and notably when he went back looked like a much more dynamic player after being coached by Wayne Smith with the NRL commentators noting his improved passing.

Burgess has flopped so spectacularly, it’s probably the worst example since professionalism and there’s been guys like Lesley Vainikolo and Timana Tahu that’s saying something.

Izzy Folau is carrying the flag. The ARU seemed to have learned their lesson with these guys and got Izzy as a bargain, the RFU are still enamored though for whatever reason.

marhsall was a disaster, think he is finished as a sports person

I thought he went back to the Dragons and has been playing pretty regularly since? Age would always catch up to a guy like him but he was never going to cut it as a rugby 10.

Just reading some of the comments about this on the Hurling Banter Page on Facebook.

Most of them are “get well soon Ryan” etc before some lad (who would fit in well on TFK) threw in a few comments like “the cunt probably started it” and “he’s only a plastic jackeen anyway”

Load of outraged comments before the same bloke goes “ok, I hope he gets better and the same happens him in Dublin.” :joy:

3 Likes

Classic rugby fan tweet that popped up on my timeline…

“Watching the #PRO12Rugby is all the more disappointing after Ireland’s early exit from the World Cup. But maybe failure is part of success”

5 Likes

The qualifying stages… lolz

Munster coach Anthony Foley has admitted his disappointment with recent attendances at his side’s home games and has urged the crowds to return ahead of the start of their European campaign against Treviso.

Last Friday night’s thrilling 32-28 victory over Ulster was watched by just 7,200 at Thomond Park and Foley acknowledged that a 6pm kick-off made it difficult for some supporters to make the game.

A Pro12 official confirmed to the Irish Independent that the scheduling was made with the view that Ireland could potentially have been playing in a World Cup third/fourth place play-off later that night.

“It is disappointing the crowd was what it was,” Foley (above) said. "That umbilical chord has always been there between Munster and our supporters. It’s important people come and support us.

"You’ve got to come and sample it. Watching it on TV is only armchair stuff - you’ve got to come here and feel it.

“It’s important for Limerick that everyone comes out and supports the game. It’s a big stadium that needs filling and it’s a great atmosphere.”

When asked if he hoped that a cracking nine-try feast would help bring the crowds back to Thomond Park, Foley responded: "I hope so because we go on the road next week and then we’ve Treviso here and that’s a big start for us.

“I think it was well flagged. I think six o’clock on a Friday is hard for people to get from work to the ground with traffic and whatever. It’s important everyone buys into it - businesses, everyone in the area needs to realise there’s a big event in town and go and support it,” he added.

That’s a fair bullshit excuse

Up to their neck in debt.

The Huns are going bust :ronnyroar: :ronnyroar: :ronnyroar:

Self annointed best fans in the world and their own gaffer has to beg for the supporters to go to their home games :joy:

And these fuckers want to host a World Cup :joy:

5 Likes

The ten year tickets expire in a few years. That’ll be the real crunch point for them. They got them away at €5k a pop the last time. They’d be lucky with half that next time around.

I wish ye well down there. Its been a tough journey for the likes of @dodgy_keeper but I feel the end is near.

4 Likes

How is the Cork-Limerick motorway coming along?

This massive inferiority complex that rugby has about soccer is quite funny. Constantly measuring themselves against soccer and concluding that theirs is a much purer sport. Classic example here from Gerry Thornley in the Paper today quoting today’s favourite referee Nigel Owens.

1 Like

Nigel Owens is like omg totes hilar

2 Likes

Dan Carter kicked his last ever conversion in International rugby, right footed. Given where it was from its not a big deal, but the fact that he said he’d been practicing it in the lead up to the game shows what he thought of Australia.

And rightly so as it turns out.

2 Likes

LjllK