The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

Gerry Thornley’s 2 favourite sports are association football and tennis.

In fairness to burgess, he was basically a rugby league prop. Being a huge success in Australia is a major achievement for any lad from the English setup. His brothers are all out there as is his gf.
He was played at wing forward by bath, and then expected to carry the English backs to victory against world class union backlines. Jason Robinson was a success as he had phenomenal speed off the mark. Burgess just doesn’t. He was Mike tyndall mark 2 only playing behind a pack that wasn’t smashing anyone and everyone. He wasn’t that bad imo. This smacks of teej throwing his own hand picked management team under the bus to save his own neck for another year fumbling in the greasy till.

1 Like

Pascal Donohoe TD has stopped Munster rugby football from being saved by refusing to provide the funds for this motorway.

To kill off Munster rugby football for once and for all vote FG in the next election.

1 Like

Not worth it

1 Like

Zeebs being linked with Toulouse.

I guess the umbilical cHord was dreamed up by the reporter. It would not be in Foley’s head

Cord. Umbilical cord.

The IRFU have taken their time and are now spinning all over the airwaves about concussion. They had a couple of chaps from IRUPA on with their new favourite mouthpiece Matt Cooper assuring listeners that the game had got to grips with concussion, players weren’t getting bigger and there were actually fewer injuries in the game. You don’t say.

I was informed by a reliable source that Sexton had indeed suffered a concussion against France and that Madigan had been concussed against Argentina but couldn’t be taken off because they had run out of out half options.

1 Like

Yes the IRFU have only now discovered concussion in rugby :rollseyes:

I would say the massive inferiority complex that many posters on this forum have about rugby is far, far funnier. And unlike your previous assertion, it isn’t imagined and actually exists.

Indeed. Does Munsterfans, Leinsterfans et al have similar indignation as this forum and by association football journalists towards other sports?

Who the fuck cares?

1 Like

That cunt Paulie.

"The shame of it is that we didn’t make a semi final and possibly go further because I even see it on my road at home with my son and all his friends, they’re rugby mad now after the World Cup.

Now, the soccer is back on and they’re beginning to play a little bit more soccer and soon it’s going to be hurling. :ronnyroar:

People talk about New Zealand and their skill level and where they’re at, but the fact is to me that they are the Kilkenny of world rugby.

A New Zealander has probably accumulated hundreds, maybe even thousands of more hours of rugby than an Irish kid has and that’s why I’m disappointed we didn’t make the semi final because we probably would have changed a little bit of that and probably I just think it’s part of new Zealand’s culture.

If rugby was our number one sport then Henry Shefflin would be playing rugby, he’d be playing first centre. :smiley:

The best brains in hurling would be in rugby. You’d have Brian Cody involved and that’s what they have in New Zealand, and that’s what we don’t have up here and for everyone involved in rugby that’s the challenge, to try and make this game you want to see kids walking down the road holding a rugby ball. :angry:

A kid growing up, I don’t think his main goal in life in Kilkenny is to play for Ireland in rugby, it’s to win an All-Ireland for Kilkenny. So it’s a shame we let that shot go at changing people’s attitudes… We could have taken a big step in this World Cup and that’s a shame."

Soccer and GAA will always be the people’s games, you uucoam.

2 Likes

Link to that please.

From today’s Cork Examiner, pal.

1 Like

I’m fucking fuming… I’m delighted the ginger headed fuck was reeling in pain not so long ago…I hope he never plays again, the prick.

4 Likes

I’ve always thought Paul was one of the decent ones. Came across as a down to earth and smart guy back in our school days but his comments across all the radio stations yday were a bit petty.
Does he not realise that the same arguement could apply for Australia, England, Scotland, France, Italy and Argentina. Not to mind the likes of Russia, Canada, USA, etc.
He’d rather see one of the greatest field sports in the world suffer, a sport that makes the majority of Irish people very proud.
Open your eyes Paul, rugby is fucked. Parents are slowly turning their kids away from it and until the rugby powers do something, it will continue that way.

3 Likes

It was on OTB last night. He was giving a press conference to launch a new app for Pinergy.

You do, clearly.

1 Like

Would you think?