The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

Plenty. There are plenty of parents who would risk their child suffering a brain injury if it meant moving up the social ladder a little.

1 Like

And getting to hand over the Senior Cup on Paddyā€™s Day. And of course youā€™ll have the rugby families, who have always played rugby, and always will. The RWC and concussion thing will just stem the growth of rugby in areas where it was never popular, but in reality, it wonā€™t stop it where its always been in vogue. You have to remember, this is a sport where gouging, raking, rucking, pulling pubic hair, playing with soggy biscuits, has been the norm for decades, and none of that killed it. Concussion fears among professionals most likely wont either.

I think it is our duty to report these people to social services for child abuse.

1 Like

Listen, as long as rugby is around, and alive, it will continue to haunt dodgykeepers dreams, it cant be all bad.

It was an awful discussion. The main reason most of the private schools have more representation was because they could afford to pay more for coaches to ensure the kids playing were safe effectively. Nothing to do with the fact that a lot of schools just arenā€™t arsed with Rugby and have other more important schools theyā€™d prefer to promote.

Of course, though Woodie couldnā€™t say it, the main reason why they donā€™t want to extend the reach of the game to the non fee paying classes is that they donā€™t want undesirables rifling their dressing rooms. I believe there is pandemonium down in Clongowes every time that Terenure College comes to visit with chaps trying to stuff everything of value into the lockers on the dorms.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got inside MBBā€™s head. :clap:

He references me constantly on here. Another example three posts above. I may start a thread logging every time he mentions me.

Iā€™ve beaten you pal, Iā€™ve won. Iā€™ve got to you. :clap:

4 Likes

Hands down pal. I adore watching you post about rugby, its one of the great joys of this forum. I also enjoy your posts about Big Louis, but they seem to have gotten less frequent, is everything ok there?

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. That heart wont stand what youā€™re putting it through. Tick tock, tick tock.

Creep

1 Like

Ah here, youā€™re some fella to be calling anyone a creep given your carry on in public parks you utter freak. Do you still go and perv on young women in parks mate? Or is it more of a summer activity for you?

You could be right here. I think thereā€™s a lad from Birr on it too. No idea where he went to school.

Clongowes dorms are a shit heap, infested with mice and you wouldnā€™t be storing much in those wooden wardrobes.Agree on the Gick though, foul creatures.

Thereā€™s been non fee paying schools in the Cup for years - Pres Bray, Templeogue, DeLaSalle, St Pauls.That they couldnā€™t keep up is on the IRFU being complacent. .

Is that Daithi Regans lad?

what does that mean ?

17k per year to attend Clongowes according to Ewan :frowning:

Thatā€™s the cost alright.

Historically Pauls was fee paying but opted into the free scheme in 1968. Pres. Bray was fee paying as well.

A year?

How many years would you spend there? 5 perhaps? Thatā€™s 85k. What if you had 3 kids to send there? 255k to turn your kids into sneery, socially undeveloped arseholes. Deary me.

4 Likes

From doing some research.

Adam Byrne went to CBS Naas.
Tom Daly went to Knockbeg College
Peter Dooley went to Birr Community School

According to boards.ie, Joey Carburry and Jeremy Loughman are from Athy and they only got scholarships to Blackrock for 5th and 6th year. They are club players who were poached which is a separate issue but it those players started playing rugby and learnt a most away from fee paying schools.

Thereā€™s probably a couple of more I donā€™t know about as well, Blackrock are complete cunts for doing it these days

Considering free education at second level was announced in 1967 thatā€™s not that big a deal.