The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

Nice line here in a book review today in the Sunday Times on how the IRFU managed to remain an All Ireland sports body after independence.

7 Likes

Is that Cormacs book?

It is. Got a good review there.

Good to hear, he’s an alright sort, good stock.

What’s unreasonable about the Irish Rugby Football Union toasting the head of state of the country?

@vivabarnaldo: Some Irish rugby fans stayed in my flat using @Airbnb - This is the review they have received. Animals. :poop: https://twitter.com/vivabarnaldo/status/656534913747984384/photo/1

1 Like

@thedancingbaby is a rugby fan?! :eek:

Ulster says NO to the poppy. :clap:

Heaslip doesn’t want any pundits who aren’t former teammates critiquing him. What makes it worse, is that he gave the interview to a website called www.thisisbanter.com

Heaslip is 2 ends of a cunt. Possibly the most over-rated player of the last 10 years.

1 Like

Having had some dealings with him in the last year I’d have to disagree. Very personable and made a huge effort with kids families etc in terms of getting photos etc - above and beyond what would be reasonably expected. I can appreciate why the image he portrays winds people up though.

I think you’re being harsh on the rugby playing side too - you don’t become an near ever-present (with barely an injury) at provincial, international and lions level unless you’re consistently delivering. He’s not a particularly flash player but just does the right thing over and over …

Hmmm

:rollseyes:

Way to out yourself as not having a clue about the great game of rugby football.

He may be a cringey media whore who loves the Joe.ie culture a bit too much but he is an excellent player and Ireland’s most consistent since 2009. A two tour Test player for the British and Irish Lions is a fantastic record.

He may be consistent but that doesn’t make him any good. It’s possible to be consistently shit.

Let’s just view him against his peers. Heaslip is easily the weakest 8 starting for any of the top 10 rugby playing countries in the world.

Now this is what shit about rugby football going so mainstream, having to deal with this sort of tosh

1 Like

“Those titbits so that when they’re in The Bridge having a pint they’ll say, ‘well, actually Shane Horgan said this because of x y or z’ rather than, ‘I felt this’. There are just some cowboys out there.”

Good jaysus this is cringeworthy

Which number 8 in the top 10 rugby teams is Heaslip better than?

What am I supposed to say to this? I could go in and list names but Heaslip’s CV is quite clear. He has started at number 8 on two Lions tours. He is consistently one of the biggest tacklers on the Irish team, consistently the player who makes the most impact at the breakdown and an all round player across the park.

The people who moan about Jamie Heaslip have NFI about rugby football and are the type here that lads criticise for talking shite about the game in the pub.

I don’t care about his cv. What 8’s is he better than now?