The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

How can I put forward an argument when you couldn’t even clearly articulate what was expected of him in that role? You’re throwing out stats that don’t really answer what you’re being asked. Heaslip may have had games where he had a huge number of tackles in the same way Gordon Darcy had games where he turned over loads of ball in ruck situations. Were either excelling in the core expectations of their role? Probably not - were they adding value to their team? Most likely.

If you can’t define what a persons role and expectations are within a team how can you prove he’s excelled in it?

1 Like

The Ruck Inspector.

2 Likes

Some other nerd has done some great work here.

http://www.rugby.net/s/vvyZQd7jgRo

In Form Players - Measures total statistical output, recent results weighted more heavily, strength of opposition factored in

Jamie number 1. Hon Jamie.

Mac you are the one who said he was the most overrated player of the last 10 years. In response to that I put forward his CV which you and that other spoofer said wasn’t relevant.

Spoof but fine we’ll move on.

You asked what is a number 8 supposed to do (again without putting forward your opinion on that when you felt free to comment on his performances over a number of years). I told you, it depends on the team but it generally comes down to tackling, lineouts, carries, rucking & general link play.

You demand more and more but haven’t put anything in yet to back up your initial claim.

1 Like

I think they call it Rugby Football

2 Likes

Agreed rating

So Stuart Lancashire has been sacked for finishing 9th in the “world” cup.

Joe Smith must be getting nervous

Huh?

Ryan Nugent was absolutely seething on the rte news.

Ryle. I’d be seething too, this wasn’t how the dream job was supposed to be.

Well if the lad who finished 9th got sacked, I’d expect the fella who finished 8th to be a little nervous about going the same way

1 Like

But the lad that finished 9th is managing a country who has contested multitude World Cup finals and won 1. Shur Schmidt only equalled expectations for Ireland. A grand success for the naturalized Irishman.

1 Like

What makes you say they finished 9th? Surely joint 20th?

It was a 9 team tournament

Philip Boucher Hayes gave poor Ryan an awful grilling on Drivetime. Was revelling in it.

Jim McGuinness has fairly nailed it on second captains.

1 Like

What did he say?

rogbee is for tards

And did he say anything controversial?

1 Like

@rocko can you fire up a link to this, please?