The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

What did he say he has deleted some tweets.

He seems to have deleted two tweets and said in reply to someone who asked that it was out of respect to the players in the video who didn’t actually do anything untoward (Furlong, Henshaw etc).

He basically said that, as an aside to the match result, the boorish, bullying, US high school jock type behaviour of some players on the plane video was both tawdry and embarrassing and they should grow up and cop onto themselves.

1 Like

Surprised that Ewan would delete a tweet. He generally gives the impression that he enjoys antagonising rugby followers.
I fear Gerry Thornley will take a few weeks to get over the weekend defeat.

Matt Cooper on the radio there asking “Should the referee be suspended for failing to protect the Irish players?”
I’ll have to tune in to that :joy:

7 Likes

The depressed lad Alan Quinlan started off his piece in the Indo with the following.

“I am not making excuses but . . . The performances by both George Ayoub, the TMO, and Jaco Peyper, the referee, on Saturday, weren’t just poor - they were an absolute disgrace.”

:smile:

I read it and laughed. Quinlan one of the dirtiest cunts ever to play any sport complaining that the referee didn’t protect the players.

2 Likes

Is Dodgy actually reading rugby articles?

No, clearly he is reading the funnies.

4 Likes

Police launch scathing attack on 'middle-aged rugby fans who drink all day and think they can behave any way they like

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-launch-scathing-attack-middle-10891543

All joking aside, this video, HOLY FUCK

Poor fucker is a vegetable. This will be Sexton in a few years time if he keeps going the way he’s going.

They were blaming the bad weather in Paris on OTB

My first time listening for a while to it

surprised this thread is so quiet today.

What happened

Big Mike McCarthy went off concussed last week and has been told to go and take a small break. For 5 months .

Lolz

Joe Schmidt had an interesting slant on this when he was interviewed on RTE Radio earlier.

“Mike is just going to freshen up now and he should be freshened up for pre season.”

1 Like

His injury could’ve happened in any sport Tbf. They’ll retire him most likely now though. A sickening clash.

Yeah I’m not reveling in his injury. Just the strange slant spun on it today. Thought the forum would be all over that.

@Tim_Riggins would probably have you believe that Big Mac will be grand after a shower and a bit of an ice pack