The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

Do you really want some?

You wouldn’t catch me if you started yesterday sham

So one team is just as popular as 11 teams. Not bad for a minority sport.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/sport/if-women-s-sport-struggles-for-coverage-it-s-not-because-of-sexism-it-s-because-you-can-t-make-people-care-1.1893110%3Fmode%3Damp?client=safari

That roaster Malachy Clerkin had a relatively decent article on it a few years ago.

RTÉ pushing this shite on us is a thundering disgrace.

1 Like

Province.

Its been done to death here already, but bandwagons are part and parcel of every sport, and if there’s a bandwagon it means you’re doing something right. I think of crowd on the pitch for Limericks recent Munster Final win, the Limerick people love nothing more than a good bandwagon. Good on them, you’ll always win if you’re willing to jump on the next one that comes along.

1 Like

Its a province compared with clubs

Its a franchise, marketed to within an inch of its life.

#12countyarmy

1 Like

Snot tears and cider everywhere

2 Likes

Agree, you can always turn over though.
I enjoy the Camogie to be honest, but it irks me that they use a different sliotar. That is the most sexist thing of the lot.

:smile:

It’s built on quicksand, mate… You saw how bad Munster did for numbers last year kid… another year like that and they were in big trouble.

1 Like

But they turned it around. Ten year tickets up for renewal soon to give a massive cash injection on top of the naming rights sale. If only all businesses could recover as quickly :+1:

1 Like

And who’s to say another year like that would have done for them? It wouldn’t be in their owners interest to let them go under, especially when they had the capital to keep them afloat. They could even have changed the system to allow further private investment if needs be. The Munster Rugby franchise wouldn’t have died, unless the game in Ireland died as well.

Course it wouldn’t. I’m just humouring him

What makes them brave and faithful, well brave actually?
Is it cos they got the night ferry to Leicester once?
I won’t even start on faithful.
I fucking hate munster rugby. If they played the all blacks I’d want both to lose.
That is all.
Cunts.

6 Likes

A fool and his money… Your top man was on blaming the lack of a motor way for the business going under…fans would only travel on a motor way :joy:

1 Like

Its actually a very impressive piece of marketing in itself. Superior anyway to “12countyarmy”. I believe its origins are derived from the motto of the MacCarthy clan – “Forti et Fideli nihil difficile”.

Don’t let it get to you flatty, you’ll do yourself some harm.

1 Like

Too late I fear.
I hate them so bad I want ulster to win when they play.

Good man flatty