The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

Sounds like a lovely day out, envoy it pal, Iā€™m sure you deserve it

1 Like

Cheers pal. Hopefully the weather stays fine for it.

A TFK AFC stalwart is getting married on Saturday. A few people made discreet inquiries* about meal timings and whether those wanting to watch the rugby football would be accommodated.

*should that be enquiries?

Sensible decision by the rugby people to avoid a clash with Kerry v Dublin.

However Iā€™ll be abolutely fuming if an influx of barstoolers means Bournemouth v Swansea is not being shown in the pubs come 5:30pm on Saturday.

1 Like

They mustnā€™t let him room with Zeebs any more.

1 Like

They never got any sleep when they bunked together

Zeebs in the papers today saying that they still have a top half finish to aim for and itā€™s ā€œexcitingā€.

Michael Donoghue and John Kiely got top half finishes in 1B, to be fair to them.

5 Likes

A gym owner on the Claire Byrne show said he would get a lot of young rugby players coming to him asking where the could get steroids / HGH and that they regularly found needles and vials of testosterone in the gym.

Lovely to see the great Ray Shah on television again.

Ray is a sound skin ok .

Nothing newā€¦ A lot of young lads go on the gear for a yearā€¦ think of guys that just got massive out of no where ā€¦ like your man with the same name of @watchyourtoesā€™ favourite pub.

George who?

3 Likes

thatā€™s what PMs are for pal as @KIB_man found out

Connollys?

The Limerick clique know - thatā€™s enough.

Is there a Jeremiah Connollyā€™s in Limerick?

2 Likes

Is that not a tailor/ menā€™s fashion wear store?

Possibly, itā€™d also be like your man who disappeared and went on the gear for a year or two so.

1 Like

I was having a couple of pints with the lads from the weightlifting club last week. Long story, but the conversation came round to drugs. There were six of us there, five were ex international lifters, and me, who couldnā€™t lift the bar to change their weights.
To much laughter, it transpired that three had served drug bans, two got off once on a technicality before being properly caught a second time.
I said that Iā€™d love to try epo, and was immediately offered it by a professor of chemistry in a very prominent UK university.

3 Likes