The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

Clontarf are battering your beloved Cork Constitution.

AIL final? I presume there’s at least 10k at it?

Yep.

Doesn’t look like 10,000

It’s the pinnacle of the club game, with one of the oldest clubs in the country. 10k at least i’d imagine.

Not fair to expect Cork’s merchant class to come to Dublin on a sunny Sunday when there is a lovely Sunday to be sent sailiing around Crosshaven .

1 Like

I see they are trying to flog tickets for the biggest game in European club rugby days before the game starts.

:grinning:

2 Likes
1 Like

The comments :smile:

Juve v Real is like Leinster v Toulouse. :smile:

6 Likes

:grinning:

4 Likes

They could get from Claremont to Edinburgh by train if they were arsed.

That’s laughable. You’d swear it was on in Moscow or something.

If ever proof was needed that the Irish media over-hype the importantance of this competition it will be the sight of empty seats in Murrayfield today.

2 Likes

Those Saracens players on the British Lions squad had to spend last Monday, five days before the supposed biggest game of the European season, getting fitted for suits and getting their picture taken.

1 Like

A Limerick man using suit fitting as a jibe at another sports team or sport - really?

6 Likes

Mac very defensive when rugby is slated once again.

He is nonplussed about rugby though.

5 Likes

I think most rugby fans are in absolute agreement that a half empty stadium for the European final is a farce. A cursory search of Twitter should clarify same. And outline many of the reasons why they have made an absolute bollocks out of the latter stages of the competition since the restructure

What time is it on? Who’s in the final?

How have they made a bollocks of it? Is it not the same as it used to be?

1 Like

They should downsize to a 25,000 seater stadium.

Easter Road would have been a better option.

4 Likes

They have moved the date of it forward two or three weeks so knock out stages run off in much shorter timeframe now. And given final to Scots in exchange for supporting the restructure. Scots wouldn’t fill it if two Scottish teams in final

Agreed