The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

If he answered the question posed yesterday today’s debate wouldn’t have happened

What was the question?

Sigh

I think you should admit you are wrong.

We’re talking about the fact that the rugby organisation was desperately trying to flog tickets a couple of days before the final.

There are probably more applications for the 6,000 odd tickets that will go on general sale than attended the rugby final yesterday. The CL final will always sell out in the modern environment, it would sell out three times over in likelihood. Football is huge business, rugby is a niche sport.

Mate my statement was this.

That’s a fact you have repeatedly tried to deflect from.

It’s good to know you continue to cower behind corporate fat cats though.

Stadium is decided at start of season. If Munster and Leinster had gotten there they could have sold 100k tickets. Best two teams in final but Saracens have fuck all support they are the worst result commercially of all the British sides

1 Like

Not in recent years though.

Tell us the last CL final not to sell out.

I can certainly recall empty seats in the De Kuip in Rotterdam for the 1982 final.

Glad you could admit you were wrong.

Glad to see you being unable to answer the question which is seemingly the basis for your argument

Mate the basis of my argument from the start was that numerous association football European Cup finals didn’t sell out.

You’re so annoyed by this you’ve had to change the goalposts.

Comparing a rugby final in 2017 to CL finals in the 70s is a ludicrous comparison.

1 Like

Wow, finally he will actually argue the point, great to see Nembo actually debate the point.

Better luck next time.

Nearly 24 hours later and no answer

You’'re the one who is accepting that your paralleling of finals is ludicrous.

I’m not paralleling anything mate, I’m just talking about facts.

Numerous association football European Cup finals failed to sell out.

@Tim_Riggins clearing house again, even with the ludicrous sport that is rugby football for material. Outstanding.

Get your tounge out of his ass FFS you sad fuck

1 Like

I attended one European Cup Final - Barcelona v Sampdoria at Wembley in 1992. Walked up and bought a ticket outside just before kick off. There were swathes of empty seats in the ground. Liverpool v Sunderland in the FA Cup Final the week before attracted an attendance nearly 10,000
higher.

I attended one European Cup Final - Manchester United v Chelsea at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow in 2008, it didn’t sell out due to Chelski being unable to sell their allocation. The attendance was reduced by UEFA to 69500, 67300 atended despite the requirement of a visa and photo ID with match ticket to clear russIan border control. I slept on a boat down on the docks due to the complete lack of suitable affordable accommodation.
Football > rugby football.

2 Likes