The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

I’ve learnt an awful lot about the Women’s RWC from the GGA zealots on here.

1 Like

Evidence please?

The audit trail.

I think you’re deliberately mixing up sevens (an olympic sport) and tag (rugby version of astro) for the purposes of this thread you little fairy.

Stage 9 rattled at the minute

Im torn here

I detest the GdoubleA & Rogbee

1 Like

There’s only 2/3 people rattled here and it certainly aint me — The likes of yourself and @myboyblue will jump through hoops to justify women’s rugby :rofl: - the two of you are dancing away all morning.

Now now, you’re clutching at straws here now old friend. I heard you were a fierce camogie supporter down in 'Scarra.

guys

Ive just been told that girls cant play rogbee between 12-18?

Is this true?

that would explain why people are taking it up as adults

Now you know that is not true Tim, this is rugby we’re talking about.

I dunno bro, there’s definitely U18 sides anyway.

The only think i dislike more than womens rugby is bigots pal

There’s teams from 4 continents there. It’s global mate.

The most international your sport of choice gets is a a few bemused Brits on Twitter tweeting about it.

I heard there was a decent stick ball game on at the weekend. It still won’t get near the eyeballs that the Ireland v Wallaroos game will get. Front page of the ABC, Sydney Morning Herald et cetera sport websites this morning.

In relative terms they’re pretty much the same in terms of popularity. The reasons are different. Hurling is difficult to play and requires skill. It is only played in Ireland as it is not an imperialist game like rugby and cricket. Only “skills” needed for rugby are an ability to walk and grunt (luckily, not at the same time).

Can you explain why Oceania, with 14 countries and a population of 40m has a representation of 4 teams while Asia, Africa and South America with 114 countries and a population of 6bn is represented by 3 teams. One team per 10 million in Oceania and 1 team for every 200 million in Asia, Africa and South America. It seems a bit off in terms of proportionality for such a “global” sport.

3 Likes

Give it a rest ffs. Stick hurling is played in about 6 or 7 counties.

Come back to us when the world cup of stick hurling is underway, and maybe then you mightn’t look like such a fool.

4 Likes

:grin:

Oooofty

There’s no in relative terms. Stick ball is played by a few counties on a tiny island in the world.

This competition has teams from 4 continents. It’s being broadcast on our national broadcaster, the likes of ITV in the U.K. and Fox Sports in Australia. For a small growing game in women’s rugby that is good going.

93 nations have entered the 2019 RWC men’s tournament. Rugby is small relative to soccer, but even with soccer for example, a little over 25% of the globe’s population was represented at the last World Cup. 2 of the 5 largest nations in the world have never got there, with China getting in just once.

1 Like

The world cup of hurling has been underway since May, mate – There was a semi final last week and another this week.

If there was a hurling world cup at least we’d deliver on the hype and get past the knock-out stages.

I wouldn’t bank on it, didn’t the Scotland shinty team beat the Irish stick hurlers in a friendly a while back? :joy:

1 Like

You seem to know all about it, you tell us.