The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

Ya that rings a bell.
I’m actually think about even previous to that, how City got him. 2 of my brothers best mates were playing with him, but lads think they know more here because they are from the same county.

In fact alot of City players were the same. Alan Bennett and Damian Delany too. Could have gone anyway for them and they were quite late commiting to soccer.

Cu Chullain hurled the shite out of the gentry in the Trinners cricket pitch one day. Fucking legend that he is made shit of the pitch too before he left.

Edward Carson, defender of the Union, to the fore.

1 Like

The 18th Century is frequently referred to as “The Golden Age of Hurling.” This was when members of the landed gentry kept teams of players on their estates and challenged each other’s teams to matches for the amusement of their tenantsOne of the first modern attempts to standardise the game with a formal, written set of rules came with the foundation of the Irish Hurling Union at Trinity College Dublin in 1879. It aimed “to draw up a code of rules for all clubs in the union and to foster that manly and noble game of hurling in this, its native country”.

An attempt - a game that already existed - native to Ireland

Throw up the source there, pal.

I keep my sources private mate

lets just say a well known wexican poster with a hooked nose ,is known to run with a buggy, was Ivan yates Lackey, is bessiers with @artfoley and regularly boasts about the rake of apartment he owns in Sandyford told me

2 Likes

His biggest impact happened in the first minute. And then he took Graham Canty on a tour of Croke Park without touching the ball. Opened Corks defence up doing both things.

As i said, he was workmanlike in final (Corks dreadful tactical ability allowed for). Dropling him may have caused too much ahit so they gave him a mullickers job.

I suppose All stars are stupid things anyway, but that actually bothered me

Cork had so much fear that year. Was ridiculous. The Donaghy substitution summed the whole thing up

That was the worst loss ever. Other days we were hammered and more days they just had a tiny bit more forward class.

That day though we were hoodwinked beyond belief.
The taking of Canty and Miskella out of the game was crafty but at the same time fairly rudimentary. You would expect it to be solved at half time at worst.

Fuck off you spoofer.

Emmmm.

Only one spoofer in this conversation fella.

The facts say Long was a nobody till he got picked up luckily by Cork City

What age did he get picked up by the previous incarnation of cork city

18/19 i think

Shane Long played 2 years minor hurling and football for Tipp aged 16 & 17, it was well flagged early in his 2nd year minor that he was signing for Cork City and wouldn’t be playing hurling after that even though he was still underage the following year.He was playing for St Michaels prior to Cork City at the age of 15, Gortnahoe is a fair aul spin from Tipp town so he wasn’t plucked from obscurity as you put it. He played for St Kevins in Littleton prior to signing for St Michaels.

2 Likes

He was only messing around with St. Michaels, they’re not a series club. My cousin’s friend’s uncle played with Long so I know what I’m talking about.

3 Likes

St Michaels is obscurity Mullach.

He now plays in EPL ffs.

Tipp lads delusionment about the lical Junior league is funny.

Saffer clubs begging for survival by moving into Europe, Australian clubs closing the doors. Rugby Union is dying across the globe.

This is just confirmation of something announced months ago.

Super Rugby is a mess.

They never recovered from losing Rabbit

cc @dancarter