The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

The game is fucked in Australia apparently. — As the White population decreases, it aint looking good in South Africa either as all the Zulus want to be football stars.

Whitey is dying out?

Yup - Those who can are piling into Europe… Plenty still have mega-wealth over there but they realize the future is black.

We had a good run, I wish your people all the best.

1 Like

St Mick’s is as good or serious as it gets in Tipp mate, cherry picking the best from around the county, Casement had a similar set up when I was a schoolboy, just cause he wasn’t in digs in some shithole in Yorkshire at that stage doesn’t mean that as a supremely gifted young athlete he didn’t have his eyes on the prize of a professional career

1 Like

Saw a good doc on this recently. White people now racially abused and treated.

So many saffers in WA with piles of money. Nice racist welcome for them there as well.

Saf to see Western forces die. They were actually a great orhanization and much better run that some of the others, but they are simply too distant and could not attract the.players. spent a few days on work experience there as well. Savage set up

Thats not what i am saying.

Fair enough, this thread is hard work, I just skimmed.

Of course he could have dreams. But he was a late transfer to elite and certainly went a non traditional route and got extremely lucky, even as Raylan pointed out.

Of course he took his chances. And thats whats really admirable.

But St. Michaels is obscurity

I’m not delusional at all Kev, you make it sound like he was “discovered” by Cork City. He basically excelled at soccer and GAA as a young lad and chose soccer as a profession when he signed for Cork City on a scholarship after completing his leaving cert. Reading are the club that plucked him from obscurity

It’s a fine club, one of the best in the country outside of the two biggest cities, and a place where he would have been in a shop window if he was good enough

Suggestions that the WA might sue the ARU over the redevelopment of NIB stadium. Very sad.

SR will split eventually, the SA tv money is nice but the ARU and NZRU would save substantially on travel costs by ditching them. Let SA go with Europe. Japan stays with the ARU and NZRU- they at least play at a reasonable time there. God knows with Argentina, they’re just so far away.

Yes, i have not disputed that.

However i do believe he was luckily found by city. My memory of it is he played against them in a secondary comp and they were alerted to him.
He then got picked up.

Then he got lucky/played well at the right time when Reading were around.

I would argue back then no. The system was, and still largely is, dublin centric and they stop looking at a certain point. Id you don’t get seen at Kennedy cup or then at rep level you do not make it.

He is an outlier

SA and Argentina into the six nations, and leave the kiwis to pleasure themselves as they clearly feel that the kiwis vs the kiwis seconds, thirds and fourths is the best standard of rugby. Aussies to do whatever suits. This would make the most sense tbh.

Argentina to camp out in Europe for the 8 weeks? Play out of Spain or somewhere like that? or Home and away as normal - What’s the flight time to BA?

1 Like

Anyone suggest a Champions League type structure yet?

Hard with eight teams.

Set up Argentinian version of saracens. Maybe could share with catalans. Play in pro 12 or whatever the English one is called these days. Base the players in Spain anyhow.

A drum iv been beating for a long time. If theu could align themselves with a football club similar to the basketball teams would be huge.