The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

How do you make that out, mate?

That’s the way it’s gone now.

Kind of about equal really when you put it like that. Only owing to a quirk of fate, one team are perennial chokers and the other are perennial no-hopers.

It kinda is like following Limerick GAA.

The majority of Ireland rubby playing stock and committed support comes from Limerick, south county Dublin private schools and british occupied Ireland. You’ll get the odd muldoon from elsewhere playing (Furlong and Bowe from Wexford and Monaghan, for example) or casually watching but the real passion comes from the above mentioned areas. You need only look on TFK to see the likes of @PhattPike, @iron_mike et al are both out and out Limerick GAA and Munster/Ireland rubby men.

Rubby is played in the city where there is only small pockets of GAA – GAA is played in the County with small pockets of Rubby - Soccer is played throughout. Ironmike is from Kilkenny. Fuck phattpike.

1 Like

Ouch :open_mouth:

I’m from Italy mate.

1 Like

I heard on the radio this morning that the Ireland rubby team had to seek the FAI’s permission to train at the football complex in Abbotstown yesterday, as they had no suitable/playable facilities of their own to train in.

4 Likes

Hardly…

1 Like

Mike Hunt on another rugby thread, well I never.

There’s rugby pitches in Abbotstown

The excitement though that the IRFU might have asked to use a FAI facility for once.

Years and years of not having a home and getting the horn over that.

Bless em. :grin:

Punishment beatings or debt collecting?

4 Likes

Why does it have to be one or the other?

1 Like

Multitasking. :+1:

If you play rugby in Ireland and are over the age of 15 you have a better than 1 in 20 chance of being semi professional or professional :laughing:

7 Likes

Not in the top 15 most played “sports” in Ireland.

''Tis rugby country alright. :slight_smile:

Mary Hannigan: Rugby, the people’s game? Not according to the people (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/mary-hannigan-rugby-the-people-s-game-not-according-to-the-people-1.3416999

How twee as the man said

Against the Head after trolling the shit out of the anti rugby crew. Hopping up and down like sausages in the pan

2 Likes