The Ashes 2013 - Part I

Score?

Pietersen out - bowled

121-3

Radio 4 Long Wave listeners now leaving us for the shipping forecast as we take drinks.

Agar takes the wicket of Cook

What way does the ticketing work in cricket? Say for instance, you had a ticket for Sunday for this and the match doesn’t make it to Sunday, do you get a refund?

I was told there is a set amount of overs that have to be played or you are entitles to a refund. If there is no play whatsoever due to rain or the match finishing early you get a refund and if there is only a limited amount of overs bowled you get a partial refund depending on the amount

What a debut for Agar. :clap:

The Duckworth-Lewis Method with a splendid live performance in the Test Match Special studio at lunch, and they’ve brought some extra-mature Dorset cheddar with them for the presenters to enjoy. :clap:

A crucial period of the match post-lunch. If England can hold on and get another 100 runs or so they’ll set a tricky enough target for the Aussies. However a couple of early wickets for Aus and they could be heading to bat in a comfortable position.

How’s it going now?

225-6. England lead by 160. Bell is on 52, other than that they’re into the tail with Bell being partnered by Broad.

Once Australia get Bell’s wicket England will be bowled out quickly

signing in for Test Match Special as the evening session gets underway post tea.
Johnaton Agnew and Phil Tufnell at the helm

236-6, England by 171

The lads in the commentary box enjoyed their Devonshire cheese for tea,
One cant have a devonshire scone with a pint of beer hints ken McGrath, it must be with a cup of tea

" struart broad tries the paddle stroke shot in such a discombobulated way" - Henry Bloefeld
The Aussies are toiling at the moment trying to get the 7th wicket,
Bloefeld’s choice of words is incredible, Broad 18 not out
Watson with 8 maidens from 9 overs is approaching from the pavillion end with a hint of reverse swing in the first delivery
261-6 now, Broad limps along to 19

Looks to be tough enough going batting wise. A lead of 250 might just suffice for England.

This is mesmerising stuff. England 297/6, a lead of 232.

What the hell happened there? How was that not out? Fuck me.

If the Aussies didn’t hate Broad enough already. Some gumption not to walk there. And shocking umpiring too.