The ask Bandage about mortgages thread

I wouldnt have thought Aib dealt with brokers

This fella seems to have an in with them. In fairness, i checked it off the publicised rates they were offering and itā€™s well better. He seems to have no interest in any other provider but if this is true/real then itā€™s a savage deal.

1 Like

Good deal from C. CAREY MORTGAGE BROKERS

7 Likes

Best of luck with it pal but what you are describing doesnā€™t make any sense to me but maybe Iā€™m out of touch with it at this stage

Not sure what the weirdness for you is. We live in a newish estate. Nearly 3 years since we bought. Thereā€™s 1 road who were in a few months before us. Their 3 year mortgages are up now and a few of them have been to a broker. Heā€™s sound. Results have been outstanding. We are a few months behind (mid june) but want in on that action. We were on a 3 Yr fixed

Fire on a pm for this fellas contact altogether can you?

It is the same for any broker using Haven Mortgages.

https://www.havenmortgages.ie/mortgage-centre/switcher-mortgage

If it is over ā‚¬250,000 it is ā‚¬5,000 cash back and ā‚¬2,000 for under this amount.

1 Like

Haven mortgages is AIB its just a sneaky bastard move so they can keep the price conscious while not lowering rates for the lazy

1 Like

None of that is weird. A broker dealing with AIB doesnā€™t make any sense to me is all. Bnaks need (or used to) need special authorisation to pay commission for introduced businessā€¦ Hence they use Haven, ICS etc to do broker led business. It also allows them a second cohort to allow exceptions to policy

And I donā€™t get how he could offer you a rate miles better than anything advertised. Itā€™s hard enough to get the rates they advertise let alone better.

AIB have fixed rates for 2.15, 2.20 and 2.45 for LTV < 80% which Juhy has already said he has.

Lads, can anyone help? Can i claim stamp duty on mortgage back from solicitor? Thanks.

Your question makes no sense

Your solr pays the stamp duty to the revenue on your behalf only

Is your solicitor named Michael Lynn by any chance?

7 Likes

Yeah but cant i claim some stamp duty back off revenue?

No

Not on a house, but possibly on a site

you pay stamp duty on a transfer of land not a mortgage.

You can claim stamp duty back from revenue through the residential development scheme.

Switched my existing mortgage with Haven to their 4 year green mortgage fixed rate. 2% fixed for 4 years. Took about 20 mins in total.

Need a BER cert less than 10 years old and B3 or better. I couldnt find mine and v helpfully Haven sent me detail steps on how to get it (apparently the seai have copies of them all and email them to you on request within a few days)

Painless way to save 100 quid a month

5 Likes

Do you have to pay solicitor fees?

Heā€™s only changing his rate with the same provider.

1 Like