The ask Bandage about mortgages thread

Your average “professional” these days is a fucking useless. Most of them are simply concerned with covering their own back

2 Likes

Yip, professional careers are build on fear,

How does the interest work out if you pay your mortgage off early, do you still have to pay a percentage of the interest off for the remaining years and what does it generally work out at?

If you compare a bank to a retail business like, say, Dunnes Stores then someone dealing with a mortgage application in a branch is akin to a person working on the check-out in the ladies’ clothes department in a store. You’re unlikely to be dealing with a senior, high-ranking employee in these situations but, that said, I can confirm that most people who work in banks are incompetent whatever their level.

4 Likes

No if you pay it down quicker you save on the interest and if you pay it off altogether no interest is due

Just for clarity. Say your monthly repayment was €700 odd and you made monthly repayments of around €900, is the €200 excess eating into your capital repayments only and once you have your capital fully repaid as well as any interest liable to the final payment you have made, then you are fully repaid?

Ya pretty much. Think of it like a credit card bill, the more you pay off the less the interest is due on it. You can’t over pay on a fixed rate mortgage (you can a little bit I think but not whatever you want) but when the fixed terms up you can pay off a lump sum. Variable rate you can over pay whatever you want

This is correct.
@glasagusban has been given some woeful advice above.
The banks have what they term as “exemptions” both in terms of LTV and income limits.
A mortgage lady told me before that if you are applying and likely to need an exemption then do so early in the year before the 20% allowance is used up.

1 Like

What was your build cost, and for what?
If you mind me asking, just tell me to.mind my own fucking business in true TFK fashion.

It was a new build but it was within an estate. So we were buying off existing plans and only had a limited amount of things to actually do. The houses had a certain amount of different types, once we picked the type we wanted and and gave some simple layout preferences all we were left with was interior decorating type things. e.g. pick tiles, carpets, wood floors etc…

We didn’t have to hire anyone really, our builder took care of everything. Builders, tilers, painters, plasterers, electricians, cleaners etc… We didn’t have individually costs, just the price of the house. And then the interior stuff.

I assuming you’re looking for kind of detailed price per block type thing and we didn’t deal with any of that.

Wooden floors in a mud hut seems unnecessary?

Gives the mud a richer contrast, texture and ambiance. Obviously

2 Likes

Except I didn’t give advice, I asked the question because I was the one seeking this advice in the first place.

You can carry on now.

He said you’ve been given (recieved) bad advice, you clown.

10 Likes

This lad is looking for a mortgage but cant even read basic English ffs,hes gonna be rode sideways.

3 Likes

Jaysus.

I can’t see you recovering from this.

Looks like there’s no way out this time.

7 Likes

The galling thing is you slapped poor @TreatyStones down while he was extending an olive branch in your direction. What were you thinking?

1 Like

Can they type sentences properly?

1 Like

TouchĂŠ