The ask Fran about biscuits thread

Hi @Fran

What is your opinion of Fruit shortcakes?

Surprising tasty.

They don’t look too appetising and I’m not a big fan of dried fruit but these are tasty

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 933956, member: 110”]Surprising tasty.

They don’t look too appetising and I’m not a big fan of dried fruit but these are tasty[/QUOTE]

:clap:

@Rocko[/USER] / [USER=116]@The Dunph please make this a sticky

Hi @Fran, h ow many Toffeepops is too many?

I have a very sweet tooth, so I’m probably the wrong person to ask but I would use the following scale;

2 Toffeepops - Satisfying

4 Toffeepops - Should probably stop there

6 Toffeepops - Glutenous

8 Toffeepops - YOU’VE EATEN THE WHOLE PACKET FOR FUCK SAKE

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 933971, member: 110”]I have a very sweet tooth, so I’m probably the wrong person to ask but I would use the following scale;

2 Toffeepops - Satisfying

4 Toffeepops - Should probably stop there

6 Toffeepops - Glutenous

8 Toffeepops - YOU’VE EATEN THE WHOLE PACKET FOR FUCK SAKE[/QUOTE]
:frowning:

I’ve done it before and I’m not proud

Fran

Timtams, the most important sweet snack in a great nation or penguin bars for slow learners?

[QUOTE=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 933979, member: 80”]Fran

Timtams, the most important sweet snack in a great nation or penguin bars for slow learners?[/QUOTE]

The latter…

cheers mate, just need the Fran +1 & i can lay into these dullards tomorrow

Fuck off, this is a thread for @Fran to answer questions about biscuits and nobody else

Fran and I speak for each other on most things, mate.

@Fran is the forums foremost authority on cheese and biscuits. Stick to selling olives you bearded freak

@Fran
what is your opinion of dunking ginger nuts in tea?

cheers, better to see him have a symbiotic relationship with you rather than the hooked nosed arsehole

@Mark Renton shall be my deputy on all things biscuits and cheese related.

I will have the casting vote if any conflicts arise however

@The Wild Colonial Bhoy , Timtams are vastly superior to Penguins but they are still well down the pecking order

@mickee321 , Ginger nuts are ideal for dunking in tea. They soak up plenty of tea whilst maintaining their shape

Favourite dipper @Fran, always thought Lincoln were very under rated in that function. Nice thoughtful balance between a good outcome and a soaked mess at the bottom of a ruined mug of tea?

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 934014, member: 110”]@Mark Renton shall be my deputy on all things biscuits and cheese related.

I will have the casting vote if any conflicts arise however

@The Wild Colonial Bhoy , Timtams are vastly superior to Penguins but they are still well down the pecking order

@mickee321 , Ginger nuts are ideal for dunking in tea. They soak up plenty of tea whilst maintaining their shape[/QUOTE]

Phenomenal posting here: accurate, concise, prompt response with all key stakeholders in CC

@Fran
What are your thoughts on the humble Fig Roll?

The soaked mess is never desirable. Lincoln will give you that extra second or 2 to soak up more tea before reaching saturation point. Other notable biscuits for dunking include:

Digestives (chocolate optional)
Hob Nobs (chocolate optional)
Ginger Nuts (as discussed above)