The ask Fran about biscuits thread

Re ginger nuts, you sure @mickee321 was referring to biscuits ?

[QUOTE=“chewy louie, post: 934041, member: 1137”]@Fran
What are your thoughts on the humble Fig Roll?[/QUOTE]

Very underrated biscuit, continues to perform at a high level competing against more modern biscuits. Not entirely suitable for dunking however

I would hope so considering the nature of this thread, my comments still apply if not

@Fran what is the pick of the confectionery biscuits available in your humble opinion? I am very fond of a purple snack with my cup of tea.

The purple snack is the best of the 3, closely followed by yellow, pink is to be avoided. Purple snacks have the perfect ratio of chocolate to biscuit.

The pick of the confectionery biscuits would include but not limited too:

Tunnock’s Tea Cakes
Chocolate Kimberley Mikados
Cadbury’s Mini Rolls

I’m an expert on cheese, pal. Olive oils too. Chorizo. But buffalo products in general.

@Fran , what about biscuits containing caramel, hey or nay?

Depends on the biscuit, give me a few examples

Digestive Caramels or a Twix are just a couple off hand.

A twix is not a biscuit, it is a bar

A biscuit based bar. @Fran?

Well spotted chewy.

Digestive Carmels are only ok.

Twix is a bar, please refer to @Rocko , the resident chocolate bar expert

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 934143, member: 110”]

Digestive Carmels are only ok.[/QUOTE] What would be your caramel biscuit of choice @Fran?

I wouldn’t be a big fan of Carmel biscuits in general Harry

:eek:

@Fran I truly believe that mcvities digestive dark chocolate is the best biscuit ever. A big claim I know but can you suggest a better biscuit to have with a mug of tea, keeping in mind the MDDC’s strong dunkability and chocolatness

I’m going to have to refer you to the resident dark chocolate expert @Mark Renton , he looks after that side of the consultancy

Bourbon creams or smiley faces fran? I love them both equally.

@Fran What is the most evil and unsuitable biscuit to accompany a cup of tea?

Is it the Oreo?