The Azzurri tonight

Is Guisseppe Rossi expected to make it?

Who are likely to be Italy’s attackers for the Euro’s?

Pazzini, Balotelli, Oswaldo & Matri?

Rossi is doubtful. He’d want some games under him before the season ends. If he’s fit he will go. Balotelli will be a definite and Giovinco is very likely to travel as well. Then I’d imagine it will be two of Pazzini, Matri, Osvaldo and Di Natale. Pazzini is likeliest to go, especially if he can rediscover his club form.

Di Natale is back in due to the injuries to Cassano and Rossi as Prandelli views the likes of Pazzini, Matri and Osvaldo too similar to each other.

Di Natale should be their main man this summer.

Some encouraging news that Cassano will be starting “individual athletic training” tomorrow. I don’t want to build myself up but this is most encouraging and it might add to the possibility of him participating in Euro 2012. It’s like my prayers have been answered - thank you Francesco.

Prandelli has hinted that Francesco could be brought to Euro 2012. Imagine the great man donning the famous Azzurri shirt once more.

He’s exactly what the Azzuri need alright.

+1

It would be wonderful to see the trinity of Totti, Balotelli and Cassano lining out in Poland next summer.

Totti and Balotelli would be an exciting addition to an otherwise fairly pedestrian Italian team.

Prandelli has Italy playing a lovely brisk, expansive style of football.

I think the jury’s still out on that Mr Totti.

I would love to see the Prince of Rome back in an Italian shirt though.

The story grows and grows.

[font=Arial]Azzurri coach Cesare Prandelli revealed on Sunday that [/font]the 35-year-old attacker would be ‘under consideration’[font=Arial] for a place in the Euro 2012 squad if he stayed fit until the end of the season.[/font]

[font=Arial]“The national team? Never say never,” [/font][font=inherit][size=1]Totti[/size][/font][font=Arial] told [/font]ANSA[font=Arial]. "Let us see how I am doing in May.[/font]

[font=Arial]"I am really glad that Prandelli is still considering me, because I have a great relationship with him.[/font]

[font=Arial]“I have been told great things about him as a coach and he has done great things with the national team.”[/font]

[font=Arial]Totti has not featured for Italy since the national team’s triumph at the 2006 [/font][font=inherit][size=1]World[/size][/font][font=inherit][size=1] [/size][/font][font=inherit][size=1]Cup[/size][/font][font=inherit][size=1] [/size][/font][font=inherit][size=1]finals[/size][/font][font=Arial] in Germany.[/font]

[font=Arial]The forward recently surpassed AC Milan legend Gunnar Nordahl’s record for goals with a single club in Serie A, scoring his 211th during the 5-1 win over Cesena.[/font]

This would be sensational.

Sounds like the man himself wants it as well, not just Prandelli.

Can you imagine if he scored? Would bring his goals tally for the Azurri into the magical double figures.

That he is even being considered isn’t the greatest reflection on the talent available to Prandelli. Can’t imagine Balotelli reacting well to the pressure of international tournaments either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYDx8YJA6bI

:clap:

I have been thinking about the 23 players I’d like to see us take to Euro 2012 this summer.

Goalkeepers:
Buffon
Viviano
De Sanctis

Defenders:
Maggio
Abate
Barzagli
Ranocchia
Chiellini
Ogbonna/Bocchetti
Criscito

Midfielders:
Marchisio
Aquilani
Montolivo
Pirlo
De Rossi
Motta
Nocerino

Attack:
Totti
Giovinco
Cassano*
Rossi*
Balotelli
Pazzini

*subject to fitness

I think Prandelli would drop one of the attackers for another defender and Balzaretti is almost certain to go. I think the seven midfielders are guaranteed if they are all fit. I’d be extremely doubtful that Cassano will make it, although it’s encouraging he has started some form of training, Rossi will be touch and go also. I would like to see Bocchetti feature but he hasn’t done so yet under Prandelli and I doubt he will unless he moves back to Serie A. Out of the attackers, if the six I have chosen are fit I’d imagine Giovinco would be the likeliest to miss out.

Starting XI for tomorrow’s friendly with the USA.

[Soccer][gk]Buffon©[/gk]
[rwb]Maggio[/rwb] [rcb]Barzagli[/rcb] [lcb]Ogbonna[/lcb] [lwb]Criscito[/lwb]
[rcm]Nocerino[/rcm] [cDm]Pirlo[/cDm] [lcm]Marchisio[/lcm]
[cam]Motta[/cam]
[rst]Matri[/rst] [lcf]Giovinco[/lcf][/Soccer]

Cassano turned up at training yesterday offering his support.

[ATTACH]479.IPB[/ATTACH]

Pirlo has been almost perfect so far.

Matri and Giovinco have linked up very well thus far.

0-0 at HT.

The US have been organised in defence, we’ve completely dominated possession but lack a little cutting edge. Motta is not suited to the trequartista role. Our full backs haven’t offered enough in attack. Ogbonna and Barzagli have cruised through the game doing their cases no harm. Marchisio and Nocerino haven’t really done much to solidify their claims for starting berths. Matri and Giovinco have looked a little menacing but the US are sitting really deep and tried to smother us. Would like to see Giovinco tried in the trequarista role and give Abate a run out at right back for the second half.