The beautiful people of fair Fingal

Tbh with all the confusion hed nearly be better off ringing again there and ordering it for a half hour earlier just in case its a no show he would have time to make a contingency plan. Tis like a day the booking could get lost

How did this work out @smark? Are you still waiting for a cab?

There’s a fella in Portumna waiting to bring him to Shannon as we speak.

1 Like

I got the cab yesterday morning and the whole process was a dream. We were picked up by our driver Brendan bang on our requested time and brought swiftly to our destination, with the minimum of obtrusive chit chat as is my preference in all life scenarios. There was an opening text to say the taxi was on it’s way (this was 15mins before requested time), then an App provided of which I availed of to watch Brendan’s progress as he inched closer to us, and finally a second text to say that Brendan was outside. I couldn’t rate Coastal Cabs highly enough and I think they should from henceforth be known as Friends of the Forum.

As an aside Brendan was a ringer for the actor JK Simmons.

5 Likes

Thanks for remembering to thank me for putting this recommendation your way.

1 Like

Are we confident it wasn’t fagan himself who picked you up?

It must have been killing you not to say something in the car

8 Likes

I’d say he had tfk open on the phone dying for Smark to bring it up.

1 Like

Baldoyle may become a decent place to live soon lads. cc @Rocko @Funtime

https://consult.fingal.ie/en/consultation/baldoyle-and-portmarnock-pedestrian-and-cyclist-scheme

indeed a wonderful proposal from the Sinn Fein councillors who fought hard for this in the teeth of labour / fg / ff opposition who wanted to build a 2nd motorway to the new runway instead. one obnoxious councilor who is at the centre of an impregnation controversy with the daughter of a former gga superstar was especially vehement in his opposition saying that “we are closer to millview (malahide) then meadowbrook (baldoyle)” in a clear tribute to his beloved mary harney and a statement of how he sees portmarnock as a satellite of malahide.

i know many of the local hostelries are gearing up for an influx of well healed portmarnock pedal tourists. best of luck to our many fine establishments: the white house, the stables cafe, the racecourse inn, the bakewell @ applegreen, the elphin, the cafe @ the badminton centre, giulios fine italian restaurant, angelo’s snack orientated italian bistro and of course the wonderful american themed sandwich baguette dispensary within the fuel station forecourt, subway. fine businesses all.

6 Likes

‘impregnation controversy’?? That’s very misogynistic. The Ulster rugby mask slipped there.

Disappointed to see Pearl’s bakery and deli overlooked while the Badminton centre is included

Where is Pearls?

I’ve a booking myself with Coastal Cabs this morning. Any tips @smark?

It is located in the depths of the industrial estate beside Kerrigan’s factory shop.

1 Like

yeah hands up i missed it. locals dont visit Pearls much as it is considered a place where out of town labourers lunch, however it is a fine establishment and offers an excellent midweek breakfast for those of loose employment status. Baldoyle has a rich tapestry of dining options that cater for locals and out of town labourers alike that it was easy to forget some. i also omitted the wonderful Londis Deli counter, which offers express dining options along with a relaxing seating section, easy to let a gentle morning slip by as you sip on a gourmet coffee and much on a sausage roll as the good natured village folk in the post office queue meander their way past your table. The expert hardware store has recently added a range of high end protein nutritional snacks to its impressive product range (party supplies, pet food, hardware, sundries) and i could see the proprietor Robert eventually offering a range of ready meals that @caoimhaoin would be proud of.

4 Likes

Fucking hell. Sick cunt. Let’s hope this isn’t just the tip of the iceberg but there’s a fair few weird bastards came out of that road.

1 Like

Somewhere between 20 and 30 cars broken into in Portmarnock early this morning.

Be vigilant @Juhniallio

This story was just mentioned on Six-One.

Can’t imagine Sharon will mention it at 9 mind you

Where? The dart station? or around the place?