The Best/Worst Place to Live in Ireland?

On Wednesday night Middlesbrough was named the worst place to live in Great Britain on a C4 “Location Location Location” show. Seemingly Edinburgh is the best place to live according to the show. The researchers for the show put together statistics on the enviroment, education, crime, social life, health and transport.

Anyways it got me wondering, what is the best/worst places to live in Ireland, and I had to make up a list of my own.

The Best Places:

1. Ballsbridge, Dublin.
  2. Howth, Dublin.
  3. Roachestown Road, Cork.
  4. Castlebar, Mayo.
  5. Kilcoole/Greystones, Wicklow
  6. Adamstown, Dublin.
  7. Ennis, Clare.
  8. Westport, Mayo
  9. Galway City, Galway.
  10. Malahide, Dublin.

The worst Places:

1. Moyross, Limerick.
  2. Southill, Limerick.
  3. Neilstown, Dublin.
  4. Jobstown, Dublin.
  5. Mayfield, Cork.
  6. Clara, Offally.
  7. Athlone, Westmeath.
  8. Knocknaheeny, Cork.
  9. Ballymun, Dublin.
  10. Bray, Wicklow.

I am quite possiably desperately wrong on the best places, and I am open to debate and/or suggestion. The Adamstown one is questionable, but it has excellent transport links already and the place isn’t even fully built. However I doubt anybody will question the worst place list with the exception of the order I put them in.

Anybody got any ideas or additions?

Simple list.

Best
Dublin

Worst
Anywhere else

Simple list.

Best
Dublin

Worst
Anywhere else

Fairly similar to the Worst Towns in Ireladn thread which gave big shout-outs to Shannon and Borris in Ossory I believe.

Can’t imagine living on the Shankill Road would be too much fun either but that’s probably too specific. So Larne or Portadown might get my vote.

Worst places

Ballyfermot is quite bad :angry:

Tallaght is a scumhole, Robbie Keane comes from there :wink:

Cork in general is a desperate place. Ignorant fooks.

Carlow is shite, full of Tallaght scum there.

The best place to live would be somewhere on the quays, anywhere along the Geroges St/Aungier St/Wexford St row, Dame street, in fact anywhere in town would be pretty good.

Flano wrote:

Simple list.

Best
Dublin

Worst
Anywhere else

i agree with you flango. there.i said it.

josepi73 wrote:

Flano wrote:

[quote]Simple list.

Best
Dublin

Worst
Anywhere else

i agree with you flango. there.i said it.[/quote]

Something strange is indeed happening on this forum. :grin:

Simple list.

Best
Dublin

Worst
Anywhere else

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

No it’s not Ben. It’s true. Denial is a sad thing to be witness to.

josepi knows the score.

i agree with flano

Mohil worst

lets face it BS down the country’s a shithole.

women in dublin are better looking than their corn-beef legged,pennys -jeans wearin country sisters.

pubs in dublin are great (see other thread) while pubs down the country deal generally with pederast batchelors & “mary” whose not all there.

Dublin has culture,the country has gaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh. and hang sandiches

conclusive proof there so that “de black pool” is yer only man indeed!!

Best: Dublin

Worst: Dublin

There are other places?

I wonder why Cork was the European Capital of Culture in 2006…

Farmer, I need some backup here!

too many coutry folk down the country for my liking

BenShermin wrote:

I wonder why Cork was the European Capital of Culture in 2006…

Farmer, I need some backup here!

And Liverpool is 2007 capital of culture. That accolade is a load of me nadgers.

I’ve also spent some time in Castlebar(see original list) and it is one of the darkest shitholes I’ve encountered, and I was staying in a sweet place by a lake, so I should have been well disposed.

Can people stop talking about Cork? It’s not even in Ireland. :angry:

Can people stop talking about Cork? It’s not even in Ireland

Neither is Portadown, but you don’t here me complaning to Rocko.

I’ve also spent some time in Castlebar(see original list) and it is one of the darkest shitholes I’ve encountered, and I was staying in a sweet place by a lake, so I should have been well disposed.

Castlebar is one of the nicest spots I’ve visited, great boozers, brilliant craic and lovely clean streets.

BenShermin wrote:

Castlebar is one of the nicest spots I’ve visited, great boozers, brilliant craic and lovely clean streets.

Spent a while there earlier this year. Heavy-breathing, Crackpot, halfbreeds the lot of them. And then there’s Beverly Cooper Flynn

Juhniallio wrote:

Heavy-breathing, Crackpot, halfbreeds the lot of them. And then there’s Beverly Cooper Flynn

This made me laugh.