The Brian Cody retirement tribute thread

We need the KK GAA thread for the club season - please put all tributes or denigrations in here.

The GOAT

David Herity said it best - ‘whatever you heard about him, it’s probably all true’

Thanks, Brian

12 Likes

And to think he did it all after shitting it for 2 (i think) county titles with his own club.

I presume as a manager and player nobody has won more all Ireland medals ?

I fair hope he sits down and name his all time
Kilkenny 15 but it wouldn’t be his style of course.

2 Likes

Is he off to Dublin with Davy?

Laois are in touch with him I believe

He’s stepped down to take the Waterford job. He thinks they have a panel that can beat Limerick.

17 Likes

The GOAT is now available and all anyone has to do is pay the petrol for him, maybe an oul hang sangich or two.

11 All Irelands, 6 times runner-up. I include the latter as a compliment, as just reaching a final is a serious achievement. He did that 17 (seventeen) times.

3 Likes

Micko
Paidi
Harte
Babs

All went somewhere else when they retired

Only Boylan held his powder dry but even at that he was involved in a few teams here and there

Cody will show up somewhere

1 Like

Cody has handed out more medals than the Queen of England and never took a bob for it.

4 Likes

Involved in 19 All Ireland finals as I learned last week. That’s incredible.

1 Like

As a manager. How many as a player? 73, 74, 75? 79, 82, 83

Limerick finishing him will be my abiding memory of the great man.

3 Likes

The Heffo of hurling head honchos.

Did we ever find out why he was behind the goal in '04 before Mick Jacob got the last minute goal and Cody collapsed in a heap?

1 Like

Him dragging the 3rd or 4th best Kilkenny team of his reign to within 2 points of one of the all time great hurling teams in their 3 in a row final was a fine way to bow out though.

14 Likes

He won’t read a single tribute.

1 Like

“Did you think it was a penalty, Marty?”

8 Likes

You bitter, bitter man

2 Likes

I think the Limerick players recognised this in fairness and kept it competitive

1 Like