The Brian Fenton is stalking Bandage thread

Sure he’d want to be in the whole of his senses when he accepts the foty tonight.

Magic. Mrs Spidey has a Halloween party scheduled at 5:30 for our place. @Juhniallio her mate said she’s going to be dressed as Stiflers mom

18 Likes

I’m going to add a codicil to my will - should there be a life hereafter I’m looking into being re-incarnated as @Spidey . A lifestyle to die for. :pint: :spaghetti: :shrimp:

1 Like

I saw David Gough yesterday afternoon walking on Grafton Street. He was well dressed and was in deep conversation on his phone.

A TFK Xmas party for the Muldoons and/or Roasters led by @Spidey giving a tour of the capital’s cathedrals of porter would be tantalizing

1 Like

A worthy suggestion but there are a few who would most certainly embarrass the tour guide leading to his exclusion and that would be a shame.
Shouldering contests and wrapping slices of beef into tinfoil for sangiges the following day are frowned upon by the establishments being suggested.

2 Likes

I’d say double parking a Pajero or Trooper up on the kerb outside these establishments would be frowned upon too

1 Like

Yeah Spidey should cut that out before the cosmopolitan lads arrive

Boot/cut it out

How did the TFK golf outing in memory of Faldo go after actually? Or has it taken place yet?

Judging by his appearance on the 9 o clock news I’d say David graduated away from the sparkling water at some stage during the afternoon or early evening.

He has a county final on Sunday ffs.

He could probably win it on his own after sinking eight pints, a few short ones, and a roast dinner …

… and one leg in plaster.

Is he playing for “one half of Kerry” against “the other half of Kerry?”

1 Like

Faff de Clerk and other huge men just arrived in from Doha. They’ve a friendly with Ireland soon I believe

1 Like

Who: Mick Galway

Where: Kilkenny Food Festival

When: Yesterday around 4

Demeanour: Mick showcased a beaming smile as he chatted to two ladies beside the crepes van. I am unaware if he was “doing a Niall Quinn” on it. I’d imagine it was his daughter and wife.

Any other notes: I also saw FOTF Richie Kavanagh 2 minutes later beside a Sri Lankan food tent. Richie is a more worthy spot in truth but I refrained from taking a picture of the famous musician. An even more renowned Kavanagh from Carlow than Mouse Kav.

2 Likes

Who: Underdogs squad
Where: Monck Street, Wexford town
When: Last night

Ones travels brought one to the epicentre of Wexford town night life last pm. Went on to Kitty’s bar which is now apart of the “Crown Quarter”. At the bar, one noticed a group of about 20 men in their early 20’s around the establishment in Mighty Ducks hockey jerseys. There was one young man waiting to be served clad in said geansai, I said “are ya’s on a stag or what’s the craic pal” he said “no no, we’re the underdogs hurling team”. This was to my surprised as the squad had played on Saturday of course in SETU arena in Waterford, not Wexford. The young man in his 20’s I asked, was Castletown of Laois native Shane Phelan. Phelan struck me as the type of good salt of the earth young man who loved his mammy very much. I asked “is the bould Pudgie about?” and he said he was, pointing me in his direction. Pudgie was the only one not wearing the Mighty Ducks jersey, instead opting to having it around his hips. This TFK poster got talking to the great Pallasgreen native, a sound funny fella who advised me that they were staying, somewhat strangely in Upton Court Hotel in Buffers Alley country in the lead up to the match, but stayed that night in Clayton Whites hotel, far away from Waterford. I promised Robert that I’d make my way down as far as An Daingean at some stage next summer to go on the dolphin safari, he said “do”.

27 Likes

SPOT.

1 Like

Who: Ex Galway & Offaly hurling boss John McIntyre

Where: The Thatch Bar at Crinkle, Birr.

When: 6pm Saturday evening.

Lorrha native and one time Last Word pundit McIntyre stood at the end of the bar in the very cosy Thatch pub. Sporting a smart dark grey suit, he cast an imposing figure across the tightly confined lounge.

2 Likes

I was standing at the counter of The Orange Goat in Killester, Dublin 5, chatting to staff members Isobel and James at around 8.35am when the door jangled. I glanced over and spotted multiple senior All Ireland winning Dublin footballers Brian Fenton and Brian Howard entering the cafe. They were dressed in casual attire and made for a corner 4-seater table. Isobel excused herself from the conversation and went to get water, glasses, menus etc for the new customers. As I wrapped up my conversation with James to head home with my coffees to commence a day’s tip-tapping on spreadsheets, I heard Fenton ordering a flat white in response to Isobel’s opener…can I get you anything to drink while you’re having a look at the menu? I exited before Howard confirmed his drink order, or indeed prior to any subsequent food order on their part. Fenton has a very smiley, chatty demeanour any time I see him around the locality. Howard is more reserved.

13 Likes