The Business Ideas thread

FAO @Thrawneen

Can’t open it on my phone. What is it?

An article on a startup in Dublin specializing in lock up sheds for bicycles…

Yep, my idea a couple of years ago. I still think a dedicated, manned parking facility in Dublin city centre would be feasible and create a few jobs.
But @Bandage says I’m Walter Mitty and no doubt will be on again to trample on my confidence in myself.

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 1114675, member: 129”]Yep, my idea a couple of years ago. I still think a dedicated, manned parking facility in Dublin city centre would be feasible and create a few jobs.
But @Bandage says I’m Walter Mitty and no doubt will be on again to trample on my confidence in myself.[/QUOTE]

its a cracking idea, back home the council i something similar, have showers and all. its a fantastic facility which benefits the city an the individual, its a scandal that we dont have something here an its also a scandal that your repeatedly brilliant idea are shot down by the bankers and the corporate whores on this forum

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/facilities-recreation/sports-leisure/cycling-brisbane/bike-parking-facilities

@The Selfish Giant
Thanks for the support, buddy. I may try and contact someone in the council. They did have a dedicated cycling officer but of course he was cut a couple of years ago.

@Kinvara’s Passion - I can only make part of that article out but does it say if its the same Stephen Murphy that was beyond Milltown Engineering?

No mention. He’s involved in car sales I’m Carlow already among other unmentioned businesses. Think the car business had some involvement with Bill The Cunt Cullen.

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 1114675, member: 129”]Yep, my idea a couple of years ago. I still think a dedicated, manned parking facility in Dublin city centre would be feasible and create a few jobs.
But @Bandage says I’m Walter Mitty and no doubt will be on again to trample on my confidence in myself.[/QUOTE]

If you had a couple of hookers lined up in a shed adjacent to the bike park I am sure the idea would fly.

Develop a mobile app where you can remotely control your oven settings.

1 Like

Set up a website called plentyofmutts.com which lists a profile of dogs and their key qualities and suitability for certain owners:

Eg.

Name: Trigger
Qualities: House trained dog, good with kids, loyal, active
Personality: Sunny disposition with a great sense of humour
Suitable for: Good home pet

I can just see women fawning over a Swipe Left/Swipe right Tinder version of this website. Screenshotting really cute mutts and sharing with girlfriends.

I think a Facebook for dogs would be a sure fire winner. Muttbook.

I don’t think this is my idea, I’m fairly certain I read it when pissed or hungover during the holidays, but what about an online weight loss company for Muslim people called Mus(t)lim?

“Get trim with Mus(t)lim.”

1 Like

An inflatable flood defence for a house etc. Fuck sandbags. Dig a trench, put down a strong long lasting plastic airbag type structure, triggered by a switch when the flood waters rise.
Presto.

You can have this one @mac, you have the entrepreneurial nous to make it work.

1 Like

I’m bemused myself by the fact that we are still using sandbags in this day and age, there must be a smarter solution.

An inflatable seems like the perfect thing to hold back floods of water. Good thinking Fagan.

Why not go a step further and install these devices in houses’ foundations? However much the flood rises the house will simply float on top.

Saw that on Grand Designs

Of course there is

BIGGER sandbags!

There’s so many oddities about that photo:

• Why in Croke Park?

• Why one guy playing ball in suit, the other in jeans and jersey?

• Why is his jersey tucked in?

• Can you get a patent over “bigger” sandbags

• Where’s the sand?

1 Like